Spacing for Game/UGC/Group Descriptions for Everyone are Broken

If you try adding indenting and/or spacing to your game description regardless of the text it will unformat the entire description and put it as one long string of text. From my experience this is happening for every single account and every single game. If you update your Roblox game description at all it will change it to this.

Before Saving / What it’s supposed to look like:

After Saving / What it’s NOT supposed to look like:

After further investigation this seems to be happening on all descriptions; Games, UGC, Groups, Profiles, etc.

34 Likes

You have to save part by part to discover what part is getting filtering, causing it to break. Something is triggering the filter. I often have it as well, back in the day everything turned ### so glad that’s no longer a thing. Still now you need to manually search what id causing it. I recommend to just test the words that make the most sense that could be filtered.

I would start at checking: @, copyright, UGC, uploaded, marketplace, purchase

5 Likes

Unfortunately that’s not the case. You can try it with any type of description right now. Even if you just use the words “Test test test” it will remove your formatting

12 Likes

Experiencing the same issue with my experience, unrelated to the original filtering bug from before I’m completely unable to add whitespace to my experience’s description.

Yesterday after updating my experience I simply wanted to change one word, and after doing so I thoroughly regret it because now my description can no-longer viably contain credits to my fellow developers & more.

I hope this is fixed soon.

11 Likes

Everything that passes through the filter gets jumbled up at the moment, no matter if it’s a game or the website. Anything you filter will lose whitespaces, ‘\n’ or other special symbols.

9 Likes

Get a load of this guy.
(I am also having this issue.)

8 Likes

Hope this can be resolved asap.

7 Likes

Desperately waiting for this to be resolved, it’s really annoying me. I’m surprised it doesn’t have that much attention considering it makes descriptions barely readable.

8 Likes

Hi all,

We have engineers looking into this

23 Likes

I bring good news, this should now be fixed!

19 Likes

This is not fixed - i’ve updated the description for my game multiple times, each time spacing is removed, there is no filtering or anything

1 Like

Please provide us with a link to this experience?

I’m not able to repro the issue with experiences:
CleanShot 2024-08-21 at 15.42.21

1 Like

This is still happening currently 25th august, highly annoying.
Enter
Test
test
test

just for it to be turned into
Test test test

1 Like

can confirm this is still happening on my game, and i’ve tried other games with simple or big descriptions. This is NOT fixed.

Yeah is happening to me as well: Game Link

Input:

Result:

Is under 1000 characters the text as well.

1 Like

Hello, confirming this is happening today

Still happening to me as well, please fix :frowning:

Just happened to me.

Another user was affected by this bug and asked me to edit an experience description to repro. I changed the Experience Description of one of my group’s experiences, replacing it with two sentences separated by a newline. Upon saving my changes, the newline between the two sentences was immediately replaced with a single whitespace character. The experience description now displays both sentences on the same line.

Link: TRAIN | Golden City Warzone - Roblox

Browser: Microsoft Edge for Linux.

Happening to me today as well, it was fine yesterday.

1 Like

Yeah its happening to me aswell