Spatial Voice icons can be clicked while behind GUI objects

Reproduction Steps

1. Place a Frame object on top of your character
  2. Publish the game with Spatial Voice enabled
  3. Click where the microphone icon should be above your head (even though you can’t see it)
    a. Notice that you have toggled your ability to talk.
  4. Click where the speaker icon should be above another player’s head (even though you can’t see it)
    a. Notice that you have toggled your ability to hear them.

You can test this in a live game here: Spatial voice UI bug repro - Roblox
Or publish this file yourself: spatial_voice_ui_bug_repro.rbxl (37.8 KB)

Expected Behavior
I expect to not be able to click Spatial Voice indicators that are behind GUIs.

Actual Behavior
I am able to click Spatial Voice indicators behind GUIs despite not being able to see them. This allows me to unintentionally mute myself and others.

spatial_voice_ui_bug

Workaround
Place small invisible Parts behind your UI elements. These parts will block you from being able to click the Spatial Voice indicators.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

18 Likes

GUI objects don’t block clicks by default. Have you set the Active propery to true on that frame?

2 Likes

Problem still occurs with the Frame set to active.

I’d also like to add that as much as unintentionally muting yourself is bad, unintentionally un-muting yourself is even worse, and both of these are possible while the player is interacting with a gui on top of the spatial voice indicator.

Another symptom of this bug is that the spatial voice toggle is actually capturing the input, so the problem is even worse with TextButtons, because you can’t click them in the spot where the spatial voice toggle is.

2 Likes

Then that is definitely a bug.

1 Like

Managed to reproduce it. Filed an internal ticket

3 Likes