Spawn off in the distance randomly and stuff not loading properly?

i cri meny time tryna fix dis!!!

I mean to begin, I can’t show you every script as there must be tons and tons of them and as such it wouldn’t be valuable for me to show you each of them.

Note:

• game.Players.CharacterAutoLoads = false when a player joins the game.
  • Players teleport in from the Hub game.
  • It usually only occurs for the first person who joins the game, everyone else is fine.
  • The issue only happens occasionally leading me to believe it might be the importer script not loading in properly.
  • Adonis Admin which is already in the Server Script Service doesn’t load either sometimes.

Here is how everything is laid out:

Import Script:

The Package:

Attempted fixes which don’t work:

• Added a neutral spawn - the first player still doesn’t go to the neutral spawn.
  • The character automatically spawns in - it still happens.
  1. Any ideas why and any solutions possibly?
  2. Is their a way to make sure that the server is fully loaded before players can start playing?

The Game:
(Only the Grid and Arena have the issue, Arcade is fine but that is because its a different package imported in):

1 Like

Game loads a lot faster when the scripts are imported, it’s also a universe game meaning that if the scripts aren’t imported we’d have to go into every sub-game and update the contents accordingly.

The same thing is used on things like the Aether Magic (by Edd_E) and in most of the Admins you see then you don’t expose your code for copying and it can be updated whilst still being used in multiple games.

In our game:
We have around 5 sub maps within that place currently, it is expanding over time but we plan to add tons and tons more. Right now we have a lightcycle (basically bikes) arena, a fighting arena, a city, some outskirts thingy and a few other places and the morphs we have created get updated by us over time - if I fix a morph in one game I have to go to the other 5 places and update the exact same thing.

When the game loads as well, the City could not load due to the amount of scripts etc there - the game was way too laggy to load but once everything did load it was absolutely fine. Thus for me importing has just fixed a lot of this.

have you tried checking if everything is loaded in and once it is respawn the player? it seems like an simple sollution and im not really a fan of custom loading screens however keeping the player’s character on anchored so it won’t die and adding a loading screen (only for the first player joined) until everything is loaded in and then respawn the player seems to me like a clear and doable sollution.

1 Like

I’ll try that now but what I forgot to mention is that even when everything has loaded the player still falls to their death even though the spawn pads exist.

If you go into the game and click the Arena you can see the issue clearly here:
https://www.roblox.com/games/2673820720/Game-Hub#!/game-instances

A neutral spawn point exists already pre-placed in the game and a single team exists which is the auto assignable team? Slightly confused as to why the player won’t spawn at the Neutral spawn.

did you properly assign the team color of the spawn? aside is the netural spawn cancollide true and even visible aka non transparant.

one small note when i joined it didn’t load anything in at all. i stayed in it for 5 minutes atleast and nothinng changed, thought i should mention that.

Alright so the Player:LoadCharacter() thingy solved the issue of the stuff not loading correctly.
Players don’t load until the package has done its things and then auto load is switched on and it cycles through all the players.

The Spawns:
Aha now I feel dumb, I just realised they weren’t enabled LOL.

Thanks for the load character thing though, I tried doing it before using a server event in the script (scripts can’t actually trigger a server event) only to realize I could literally do it from the Load Server script :man_facepalming:

EDIT:
Adonis’s loading is still unreliable but at this point I have given up with it.

no problem, don’t forget to mark it as solved so no more help is needed for people and so they know its been solved already :slight_smile: