Spectral Grotto | A RAR Entry

https://www.roblox.com/games/7182650626/Spectral-Grotto-RAR

Join the game! I’ve been spending a few days on it and I’m satisfied, most of it was designing but yeah!
If there is anything I should change / add please tell me! Thanks!

OllieGoBuild

There isn’t really a lot there other than the fairly small terrain cave, a platform with stools, a dock, and some neon crystals.

1 Like

Okay, is it good? Do you like it?

To be brutally honest there isn’t much to look at.
You’ve copy/pasted and recoloured the crystals.
The dock and platform are only a handful of Parts.

Think of all the weird and wonderful items you’d find in a cave system. Plant life, little nooks and crannies with hidden stuff or hidden rooms. How about treasure caves, or a wizard’s chamber? There are so many things you could do with a project like this.

1 Like

I’d suggest the following. I said this in game to you but I do think it should also be said here when others read.

Caves and their appearance vary greatly. There’s a lot people forget when constructing Cave Systems for showcase projects. Natural elements such as corroded rocks, chasms, tight walkways and Stalagmites/Stalactites are some of the things I usually see forgone. Unnatural elements such as Ruins, Underground Cities, Palaces, Temples, Mines, Walkways, Cave Paintings and similar signs of previous/existing life are sometimes ignored by those starting with the overall broad topic of a Cave System too.

Alongside the Natural and Unnatural elements there’s also the different sections of a cave to consider. Caves can be very large or very small, varying overall in size. You could look at real life examples of Caves that also converge with the outside world and introduce elements of color that are absent from your build right now. Examples of sources to look at are national park caves, Caverns, Mines, fictional Concept Art of Underground Environments (Cities, Palaces, Mines, Temples) or even Games that use Cave Systems as part of their core gameplay or worldbuilidng (Tomb Raider (Reboot Trilogy), Far Cry 3, Uncharted).

You need to introduce more life, variety, color and structure to your scene. As it currently stands, it’s lifeless and cold. It shows no comfort to man or nature; standing too much on basic features anyone links to a Cave when they try to create one.

It would be most welcome if any people in the field of Speleology (Study of Caves) could come in and expand in more depth about what is also found in Natural Cave Formations, Common and Uncommon Unnatural additions by Outside Actors on Cave Systems and additional information where applicable.

1 Like

Someone recommended all that, I’m going to start studying some caves and ravines and improve it, thanks for your feedback also I got in RAR!

OllieStarStruck

Yes thanks! As you have said in-game, I will start studying caves and ravines, etc and I’ll improve the showcase! I hope you’ll come back and review the game after I’ve updated it a lot!

Side note, I got in RAR!

I will.

Also, when working with wood grain, beware the man who stands silent in the night, looking closely at your seams and studying your work from across the seas. The man they call Woodreviewer.

1 Like

Yes, I think @Crazedbrick1 has took “Woodreviewer” 's role over now :laughing:

Have you got any tips on how I should start studying Caves?

Oh and keep a copy of your work as it currently was from when you first posted this thread! It’ll help you a lot if you decide to come back and look at the original and updated version of your showcase to see how far you took it based on feedback.

Always helps with self-confidence to see improvement first hand by comparing versions.

1 Like

so after some exploring
i can say that this issssssssssss
EPIC!

this would be a good vibe place

1 Like

Thanks to all who gave feedback, I’m going to shut the game down for now, well you can still join but you’ll be met by a black screen, so I can study some caves and re-create it! Thanks to all once again!