Speed Run Revamp [Talented Scripter Needed; 200k+ Robux]

Hey, Vurse here. So it’s been 2 years since my somewhat low quality game, Speed Run 4 came out, and I haven’t really updated it much since! I think it’s about time I give it an update, and this would consist of a few things, which I cannot do because I don’t really know how to code. Therefor I am searching for someone who can tackle various things: custom player physics, level progression and selection system, extensive leaderboards, matchmaking, etc. Recently, Blobbyblob-(who is now busy with his own projects), scripted custom physics for me, and it works pretty nice, but it has a couple quirks and lacks mobile compatibility, so I’ll be needing that finished. I’m offering 200k for it all done, but we can negotiate something different if necessary as we talk about it. If anyone is interested please respond to this thread or PM me, and then we can talk further and I’ll go into more detail. I’ll make it known on this thread once I have found someone for the position. Thanks

download.jpg

Custom physics, especially ones involving character physics, aren’t something you can casually add to a list lol. I’d make its own separate request if I were you :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s the main aspect. I would say I’m paying 160k+ for the physics fix and 40k for everything else, as everything else is… Pretty simple.

1 Like

I’ll interject here: the custom character code I wrote has the notion of the direction it wishes to move in, so you shouldn’t have to trudge through my code very much. What makes it slightly harder is there is no distinct “down” or “gravity” vector, so the default camera script and movement script won’t work quite right. To get it working for mobile, your big goal will be to replace the default camera script and movement script with ones that observe a “down vector”.

It might even be possible to use Humanoid.MoveDirection for the movement aspect, and then you’ve solved it for xbox, too (that said, I found little glitches with this approach). The camera will need to be coded no matter what. You might be able to get away with simply performing a coordinate transformation. I can’t recall if that’s what I did ~1 year ago to solve it for PC.

1 Like

I would be interested but I need more information.

• What is the expected behavior of the custom character physics?
  • What will be different in a new level progression system?
  • Matchmaking??

It might be easier to discuss these things over private message but I am sure other developers would benefit from more information.

1 Like

Funny, I remember asking for free work sometime last year. </3

N̶o̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶-̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶.̶.̶.̶.̶

I never ask for free work, you must have just turned me down before I proposed payment : P

I can help you with the physics. I wrote the tutorial on quaternion transformations, so coordinate math is my bread and butter. The other stuff sounds pretty easy, too.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.