Speed Script That makes you faster the more you walk?

Update 2
I made a leaderboard with speed and if you walk the value increases of the speed section in the leaderboard
This is what I have so far
But what I want if the player walks he’s speed should increase

wait(6)

local speed = Workspace.Player.LocalPlayer.leadertats.Speed.Value
if humanoid.MoveDirection.Magnitude >0 then

Humanoid.WalkSpeed =16*(speed)
end

so do anyone have tips to increase speed if the Event was fired ?

8 Likes

There is a Variable on the Humanoid of a Character in Workspace. You can change that to make a player walk faster.

3 Likes

No not like that like a “Speed Game” The more I run the faster I get soo if I ran like 10 blocks I am 2x Faster than before

2 Likes

Try this

if humanoid.MoveDirection.Magnitude > 0 then

From the wiki

2 Likes

Thanks But like I said I am new to “Scripting” so where do I put this ?

1 Like

Here is something very Basic

local speed = 1

while humanoid.MoveDirection.Magnitude >0 do
speed = speed + 0.1--How large the increase is
humanoid.WalkSpeed = 16*(speed)--Default Speed is 16. Multiply its by speed variable
wait(3)--How often it increases
end

Place it in a server script, Workplace or the ServerScriptStorage

1 Like

Okay thank you so much, I understand everything but what is the first line for?

And do you know of a script that lets you see ur current speed?

The First line is to create the Variable initially. You can add a print statement to print the humanoid walk speed.

1 Like

Yha I have no clue how… Sorry

Printing and Variable are the Two things learned first. I would recommend searching other posts on the developer forum on how to learn scripting or this video would explain this concept in full. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOLxgJnFahE&t

Okay checking it now and that speed script doesn’t seem to work for me I copy it over and change the 0.1 to 20 to see if it works and there were no changes in my speed I copyd it first in Workspace and dint work then in ServerScriptStorage and still dint work

Using the excuse “I am new to scripting” does not justify asking for free scripts.

Asking for free scripts is like asking for free money. Someone has to go out of their way to get the money for you, unless they already have it on hand. Keep asking, and they’ll eventually stop giving you that money and what would you have gained? Sure, you’d have more money, but you haven’t grown as a person or a worker.

Figuring it out yourself is similar to getting a job. You can stop asking for money, and you now have your own money to spend. You feel accomplished and proud, and you feel inclined to work at your job again. With your first job, you can begin climbing the ladder to greatness.

Telling someone “I am new to working” when asking someone for money isn’t a valid argument. The DevForum is supportive of all developers, beginning and advanced, but many often dislike when people ask for scripts out of thin air. It is here to help you grow and learn.

If you have tried and cannot figure it out, then it is okay to ask for help. Coming immediately out of the gate and saying “I want a ____” without actually attempting and trying new things is not a great way to learn and grow in any field.

My apologies for getting off topic. Instead of handing you a script, try figuring some of it out yourself. @Wizard101fire90 provided some good tips to get to started. Here are also some useful articles:

6 Likes

A little harsher than I would have put it, however I agree. Taking time to learn the code you’re using can and will make you feel great about what you’ve accomplished. Here is a tutorial playlist from AlvinBlox; regardless if you love or hate him, his videos are helpful and I would encourage watching the playlist through.

Even if it isn’t something you want to work on, even if you find it boring, sticking through to the end will be very valuable if making games on ROBLOX is something you want to do down the line. Your first completed game will be something like what I linked below (it is a remastered version of the first game I made in 2012). I wish you good-luck on your scripting journey. :slight_smile:

My First Game (Remastered):

AlvinBlox Playlist:

1 Like

Alright Thank you so much I will keep it in mind never to ask for scripts but try to make it with my best abilities and then ask for help.

And I don’t know If I am allowed to ask again but I made it just now it is suposed to make to the speed value more on the leader board. I added it on a part to with ClickDector

script.parent.ClickDetector.MouseClick:Connect(function(player)
player.leaderstats.Speed.Value = PlayerSpeed.Value + 1

end)

It dosnt seem to work ? know maybe why ?

script.parent.ClickDetector.MouseClick:Connect(function(player)
player.leaderstats.Speed.Value = player.leaderstats.Speed.Value + 1

end)

1 Like

In case you found a solution, please mark your post accordingly.

(Not trying to act as a moderator, just telling newer members how to help keep the forums more organized. c:)

Yes. I did read trough the Guidelines
But I din’t found a solution yet.

Try this, i think it should work

local Player = game.workspace.Players.LocalPlayer
local Character = Player.Character
wait(4)
if Player.Character.Humanoid.MoveDirection.Magnitude > 0 do
speed = speed + 100
Character.Humanoid.WalkSpeed =16*(speed)
Wait(1)
end
put it in the ServerScriptService or the StarterCharacterScripts

Nope, still not But thanks do u think I should make an “event” and if the events get fired the speed increase?

I don’t have experience with RemoteEvents, so i don’t think so