Speedster/ Lighting effects

Hello, Snizzle here.

This will most likely be by last post about the speedster trails, but in the game The Flash: Earth Prime - Roblox they have speedsters which have lighting trails ( speedster trials ) that are behind them when they are running. [ If you are confused play the game ]

How did they accomplish this? Did they use a module, a tutorial, or made it from scratch? I’ve researched all lot about this topic, but I can not seem to find how they made theirs so clean and so fresh.

If you know how they accomplished making the trails please let me know.

5 Likes

Detecting a change in velocity and instantiating a ParticleEffect?

possibly, but if see in the game they have theirs so smooth and clean.

If I’m not mistaken, it seems as though they are using a trail, or beam. I’m leaning towards a trail though, as the texture doesn’t appear to be moving, and is instead following the player as they run

1 Like

oh alright, perhaps do you know any way I can replicate it in some way.

Mhm! Or at least I think I do, I haven’t used trails in a minute. Here’s a YouTube tutorial which’ll give you some insight into trails, and also how you can get similar result: Roblox Rainbow Trail Tutorial - How To Make A Trail On Roblox - YouTube

Great thanks, I’ll check it out.

Awesome! Do let me know if you come across any issues, or if you have any questions, I’d be happy to help you out as best as I can

1 Like

Alright, I watched the video and it was a great tutorial, but his trial was large and the trail in the game has all those effects added onto it. The sparks, etc.

1 Like

To replicate the effects you gotta edit some stuff in the properties of the trail. To add the lightning streaks, you can slap a lightning texture onto the trail, and change the transparency of the trail (Not the texture) to “1”, which’ll make it so that only the lightning appears when you run. The size can also be messed around with in the properties of the trail

1 Like

Also I noticed something in the game. When you are running with the speedster and zoom in ( 1st person view ) you can see a trial like the one from alvinblox.

I will try that out and let you know if it works.

OH, and looking at the speedster lightning in the game, what they’ve done is instead of having one big trail going behind the player, they’ve added much skinnier replicates of the same trail coming out of each individual limb, and they also increased the trails LightEmission which is what makes it glow the way it does in game. So you might wanna do those two things as well

1 Like

I tried, but it is no where near as good as theirs.

Do you think you can send me a picture, or video so I can see how yours looks?

Have you tried editing the LightEmission, and adding a texture on it

1. What number should the LE be?

2. I can’t find a texture similar to the games texture.

Set the LightEmission to the max, and I’ll see if I can find a good texture you can use

Alright, I set the LE to 1 and it is starting to look better