Sphere Size Resetting

Hello!
For some reason when building, something weird happened.

So I inserted a cylinder and a sphere, then copied the cylinder’s size and pasted it into the sphere’s size because I wanted the sphere’s size to fit the cylinder’s, like below.

Then after a few minutes, I saved the place and reopened it. This is what happened:
The sphere’s size resetted to its original size, but the position was the same. I did not do anything to the sphere and the cylinder, but this just happened for some reason.

Can anyone help solve this, please?
Thanks!

What are the dimensions of the Cylinder and Sphere, before and after?
Is this a Ball, or a SphereMesh?

If you change the size of a Ball using the Resize tool, or by changing any 1 of the 3 dimensions in the Property window it will resize all 3 dimensions to that size.

It is kind of odd though, but I’ve seen posts that say that the latest update is causing other issues too, so maybe resize it properly, save it again and reopen it.

Also it doesn’t look like your Ball and Cylinder are aligned in the first picture because I can see a gap at the edge where both join. Don’t try to move this kind of setup without your Move increment being set to half the diameter of the Cylinder.
Take the Cylinder (looks like it’s a 4,2,2 Part) and Ctrl-D copy it, use the Resize tool set to 1/2 the diameter, or the radius of the sphere you want to create (so 1/2 of 2 is 1) and extend the new Cylinder that dimension (it’s now 5,2,2). Scale the length so the new cylinder is the same measurement on all 3 axes (2,2,2). Now change the Part from a Cylinder to a Ball.

1 Like