Spinning image jittery while rotating

Type - engine bug
OS - while testing on my iphone 13, it happened and when play testing in studio it happened
iphone 13 - iOS 17.2.1
macos - older intel macbook pro, macos 12.7.2

First experienced - when i made my shop gui this morning
Last experienced - just now

Reproduction steps:
1- Create a CanvasGroup, my canvasgroup also has uicorner, not sure if that would effect it at all
2- Parent a ImageLabel to it
3- Insert this script into the image which will make it spin:

local tweeninfo = TweenInfo.new(10,Enum.EasingStyle.Linear)

while wait(10) do
	local r = script.Parent.Rotation + 90
	local tween = game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(script.Parent,tweeninfo,{Rotation=r})
	tween:Play()
end

Screen Shot 2023-12-21 at 2.49.22 PM

details that you guys may find helpful:
the image is 2x bigger than the canvas group so that it fills the gui even when rotated, not sure if an oversized image would effect anything either as thats what canvasgroups are made for

here’s a video from my iphone: its most noticeable like half way through. i dont know why it would sometimes be more and sometimes less jitterey but thats just how it is

here’s another video from testing in studio:, the gui is different because i updated its design a little. it still has the same spin script

3 Likes

It could be because of the CanvasGroup, could you try switching it to a Frame and see what happens? There’s been some issues with CanvasGroup and lower-spec devices, it enormously downscales or can sometimes not even render if there’s not enough memory.

The effect wouldn’t be possible without CanvasGroup

Hello @luabarnes ,

Im unsure about yor post it looks like that the images wich should spin It is not properly formatted, as dimension.

Also a while cicle is just inutil instead use something like this:

TweenService:Create(script.Parent, TweenInfo.new(10,Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, Enum.EasingDirection.InOut, -1, false), {Rotation = -360}):Play()

Try making it a perfect square, and use the clip descedent property to hide the parts that come out.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate and follow up with updates.

1 Like