Split creating/updating group assets permission from "Create and edit group games"

Currently if you want to be able to give users the ability to upload animations/models to a group through studio - you have to give them the permission Create and edit group games - which is bad. This gives them the permission to also modify group games, which may not be desirable.

That means if I want to be able to give someone the ability to create animations for the group, I also have to give them unwanted permission to be able to edit the group games as well. I don’t want to give people access to my game unless they’re actually a developer - considering possible security concerns that’d bring up.

Because of this, I’ve had to use a separate group for my animator to upload animations to. This means I have to do the painful process of exporting the animations from that group to the main group every time he makes a change to the animations. This is just unnecessarily painful for me and wastes time.

So my proposal:

1. Change Create and edit group games so that it’s just for that.
  2. Add a Create and edit group assets permission. Anyone with that permission can upload/update things to that group through studio
36 Likes

Full support here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Support

2 Likes

Bumping for support!

2 Likes

Support!

2 Likes

I would like this to happen as soon as possible. It’ll be great to give someone the ability to contribute to a project by uploading an animation, without having them have the access to edit the group game.
It’s such a great idea, but I don’t see anyone following up on it.

2 Likes

Why is this not yet a thing?

2 Likes

I support this, It would be nice for example, an animator to have access to uploading animations to the game but not access to editing / accessing group game places.

1 Like

I don’t know why this isn’t a thing yet. Not only does it prevent your games from being leaked or destroyed by rogue developers, but it also saves you from creating different groups every time you want to collaborate with someone new whom you don’t fully trust. Furthermore, if you encounter difficulties in granting permissions to roles, we have the ‘Manage Collaborators’ tab on the studio, which helps you manage access to all experiences.

1 Like

2016->2023
7 years.
I hope this will be implemented within a decade of the OP.

Bumping!! we need this, please add that as an option.

People have been asking for this since 2016 and nothing has been done???

Whhaaaaaaaat???

1 Like

Bumping this again. Really need this feature, I’m baffled this hasn’t been changed at all in 8 years.

1 Like