Sponsored Experiences moving to Ads Manager

I spent over 20K robux and got 2 impressions…

Didn’t even get a refund for the unused credits. wow.

9 Likes

That’s very creepy indeed… You should contact the support for this.

Hey y’all, how long does roblox take to refund the unused credits? My ad finished running a while ago and so far no refund.

5 Likes

Definitely would not recommend using the system until the issues are sorted out.

4 impressions, over 100k spent. One ad with 0.05 bid, the other with 0.10 bid.

6 Likes

The actual question is if they even refund them :sob:

4 Likes

Tested if high bids even worked with a 2 (max) and 1.5 credit bid. 3 total plays after both ads completed is spectacular and very worth the price - definitely recommend and will look forward to starting another long term campaign!

1 Like

The off/on button becomes active once you refill your account with at least the min amount of credits. No idea why and what its supposed to mean but obviously they did not test this system before pushing it

1 Like

Such a terrible update. Ads dont even work right now. Please fix and test your system before pushing it.

Also, It does not even refund my credits after none of it was used.

10 Likes

This is incredibly problematic.

So previously, you could spend as little as 5 robux per day. now you’re forced to roughly 3k, which wouldn’t be an inherent issue, if a certain update didnt lock sponsors for roughly 66% of the roblox playerbase.

I won’t believe that this will change a damn thing outside of making roblox even more money than they already have with predatory practices.
I have also not read a single concrete hint on improving visibility of said sponsors. And no, “we are running a series of experiments to improve the placement” is not good enough. you’ve deliberately cut out ~66% of players from seeing those in the first place.

9 Likes

Sponsored Experiences are now live in Ads Manager. We’ve updated our FAQs to answer some of your questions about how Ad Credits work, and best practices on what to do if your campaign isn’t spending its full budget.

11 Likes

Finally some word, good to know we’re getting our unspent credits back :grinning:

2 Likes

Settings for the ad campaign? :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I’m glad I waited before using this new system, as for one thing, they’ve removed the address requirement (now only requiring you to enter your country), meaning I don’t have to risk getting nuked.

But for another, it seems most people are getting absolutely scammed by this system. To those of you have wasted money on this system, I deeply apologize for your loss and hope you can get refunded. Also hoping Roblox can iron out the kinks (or, to be more accurate, massive dents) in the system. They really should not have released it in the state it’s in; from what I’ve heard, the UI and functionality is nearly unusable, and not only that but most ads only give ~5 impressions (not even clicks or plays, impressions!)

3 Likes

I ran another test sponsor to see how high CPP bids perform, and ran into another issue. The sponsor went over budget and spent 14.5 credits despite setting a budget of 10. What is the point of setting a budget if it will just blow past it anyway?

3 Likes

Why do I literally not have access to advertising the place I’ve been advertising for the past 4 years. I created a personal ad manager account, bought a bunch of ad credits, and seemingly can’t spend them?

Did permissions for this change? I see no documentation anywhere about new restrictions on what games can be advertised.

Edit:

Looks like permissions did change somewhere.

These are the only 4 disabled options in the previous role I had in my group. I created a new role, enabled these 4 options, and now I can advertise.

It must be the “Advertise the group” setting (the others make no sense and group funds aren’t directly used to buy ad credits), which … isn’t what that setting means.

Either that should be renamed or there should be a new setting added for advertising group experiences. There also should be documentation of this change.

3 Likes

The sponsoring we had was good enough, we had the ability to spend lower amounts WITHOUT needing to give away our personal information and we could check how effective the sponsoring is before paying high amounts. The Ad Manager itself is nothing bad, however the restrictions are. I do not want to pay 5k+ for an advert and “hope” that it will work out well, I also do not want to give out my address or full name as it has NOTHING to do with advertising. This update basically just restricts our freedom and is only beneficial to those, who make a lot of profit and ONLY THINK about profit, while making it harder for those who try to bring variety into Roblox, well done.

6 Likes

The ad manager page looks like it was designed by someone on an ultra wide monitor and wasn’t tested on a 16:9.

Also lots of the stats like CPP need more decimal places IMO.
My CPP is about 0.019 but it shows as 0.01.

8 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be sponsoring anything ever again. Thanks Roblox.

9 Likes

Sponsors still not fixed after several days of people losing their money and Robux.

4 Likes

I agree with everything above, the previous system was working like a clock, it was clear and easy to access and gave all of us a chance to build our games up. So far, this update has been really disappointing

Its also very cluttered and hard to navigate through, I understand campaigns and ads sets are the traditional way for ads, but there are better ways to design the interface, non of this resembles the Roblox way.

As I said, I agree with all above and will not touch base on the fact that the ads are actually not performing as they should or as they used to, this has damaged the performance of my game drastically, but I have hope Roblox is working on a solution.

I also just purchased 100 credits and it gave me 200 and charged me twice, this is a serious problem. Did you forget to add a debounce? hehe

I will continue to spend robux on ads so this is fine, but I actually just purchased 100 and 2 went through

7 Likes