Hello, our group, Evolution Artworks, have done a few months ago a sponsor ad with a very high budget for the update of our game, called Dragon Ball Evolution ALPHA. Even though the budget was extremely high, it was mostly testing. We’ve spent in total 180K robux on 3 days, and here are the results that we got.
The ad was a decent success. We’ve done 2 different updates with 2 different methods. We’ve done 1 update called “Potara Update” which didn’t have any ads, that got a player peak of 970 players. Then, we’ve done an other update called “Mystic Update” with the sponsor ad of 180K robux, and we got a player peak of 1.4K players.
We’re expecting a game remaster called “BETA” in about 2 months that could heavily improve player count / popularity / revenue. We’ve been working on it for about 7 months with live service updates aside from it. But we’ve stopped the ALPHA’s version live service since a month, and player base is extremely low. But we are aware from community votes that most player left waiting for the game’s remaster :
So about this ad, we’re wondering multiple things :
- Was the ad worthy?
- Could we have done better?
- How could we improve our sponsor / ad strategies to make a successful update to make a potentially good game remaster to make a game go from a 250 max player base to a 1k-3k player base?
We thought about many marketing strategies to improve our popularity and player base. We already thought about :
With ads :
- Extending the days of the ad (up to 3 weeks)
- Having a greater budget (up to 600k robux are currently ready at the moment of writting this topic)
- Using multiple ads and sponsors (4 ads for 70k robux each on a week, 200k robux on sponsors on 1 week)
With other methods :
- Getting the help of other potentially popular anime Youtubers
- Getting the help of other discord servers?
- Youtube Trailers?
- Short period paid access before release?
If any of those strategies could work, even combined, we’d be interested to know which. And also, if there are any other solutions, we’d be pleased to know more about it.