Sponsoring is currently extremely worthless

It’s been quite a while with no update on this. Roblox is practically just scamming its own developers at this point. Is there anyway to get this problem resolved? Is it possible to contact someone?

23 Likes

I would love to see sponsored games on all of the current sorts. Sponsors being significantly more obscure is making it harder for developers to advertise their games on all devices!

16 Likes

I think its fair to say that Roblox has completly RUINED sponsoring. It seems that with the month changing to November, sponsors dont work AT ALL. NO IMPRESSIONS…

Please warn other developers about this problem. Hopefully Roblox will reward refunds because of this.

6 Likes

There has been an update on the 0 impresions bug. Hopefully Roblox will be able to also submit a ticket for this problem too.

5 Likes

I’ve updated the thread to move it to ‘Website Bugs’ as many people suggested I should do. It’s now been over a month with this problem and its a big problem for the game that I just released because I have to use advertisements instead of sponsors.

5 Likes

I’ve also noticed on my games page, the only sponsored ad that shows is a game that’s under review. Could this be linked? :thinking:

:cold_sweat: I recently sponsored my new game and I believe this bug has greatly affected it’s success.

14 Likes

Current update: They just changed it once again to make this even worse by adding the ‘featured’ category to the top of the page making it FOUR sorts to start to see sponsors again. This leads me to believe that Roblox is aware of this issue at this point but they refuse to address it and resolve it.

10 Likes

At this point its a scam even tho roblox players play the same game if there could be away to fix it is have atleast 15 sponsered ads on the front page each time

Happy Cake day :cake:

4 Likes

I don’t think many people would click on it, to be honest.

3 Likes

Just tested it. Had to go to THE FIFTH ONE AND STILL SCROLL to see an sponsor.

4 Likes

How do you get the menu like that on the second screen?

2 Likes

This is really bad roblox needs to step there game up this is why a lot of people don’t sponsor their game they just use ads but what a lot of small devs don’t know is that its all about marketing and how you market your game, you spent 5k daily for 4 days what you could have done is spend 1.5k for 10 days yes I know its less money but the sponsor stays for longer also you shouldn’t even use sponsors in the first place almost all devs say “stay away from sponsoring it doesnt give you the best outcome, instead if you really need to get your game out there just use ads or contact some influencers”. Also its the way you spend your robux you could save 200k but if you spend it all on something that barely works then it wont bring you a long way. Roblox isn’t your only option you can use things like twitter, youtube, instagram etc to get your game out there like you said so yes sponsoring is pretty useless so instead find another way to get your game out there and I promise you one of the ways will work always stay positive and keep working hard.

7 Likes

At the moment sponsored games only show up in 4 sorts, can this be fixed? We literally can’t use sponsored games at the moment, and Roblox just seems to turn a blind eye to this because nobody’s being transparent or coming forward about what’s going on. This is both highly unprofessional and irresponsible on a corporate and individual level.

I assume the people are working on it behind the scenes and don’t want to disclose too much, but at least be a bit more transparent about investigating this issue.

10 Likes

I ran a 60k sponsor and got a top of 25 players mannnn fix asap

5 Likes

25 is VERY low for a 60k sponsor. Even though sponsors are worthless right now, you should still be able to get 100-1000 concurrent players if your game can maintain them.

4 Likes

25 is kinda an exaggeration. My point was that it was just tremendously lower compared to past sponsorships

3 Likes

I think this issue is due to the HUGE amount of sponsored games flying around roblox

Also, many sponsored games are simulators, clothing stores, tycoons, etc. (which are boring and repetitive for many users)

1 Like

It’s because they only show in 4 sorts. It also happened to be that the sorts they do display on are further down the games page, rendering them even more useless.

4 Likes

Any of you guys have any good alternatives to release a game in the meantime?
To be honest I dunno what to do, been wanting to release for like 2 weeks.

Advertisements seem okay, but only work for PC players, we need those mobile players too : (

4 Likes

Can you tell me how much you usually get? I Just want to know how successful sponsors/advertisements are—you seem like a person that would know. I want to spend 200k Robux; how many concurrent players, and how far up the charts would that get a game? It’s not an original game—it’s an obby; but, it’s marginally better than the most popular obby with 10k concurrent players, and has some original mechanics. I’ve seen fully-copied games with hundreds of concurrent players; it seems like once a game gets high enough in the charts in a specific and popular category it has players regardless of quality. Further, would a game with 1k concurrent players but 50k visits (as a new game) get ranked higher than another game with 100 players but millions of visits? Anyways, I would appreciate your expertise on even a single one of my questions, thanks.

2 Likes