Spring 2022 REMOTE Accelerator Program Opportunity

All members of your Accelerator team need to be 18 or older as per legal requirement. Other members of your development team who won’t be in the Accelerator program do not need to be above 18. You can still apply to the Accelerator program with the members of your team that are 18 or older and then work with other team members who are younger than 18 during the program.

For reference: my Accelerator team was 5 members all above 18 but our total development team is worth 10-12 people, two or more of which are not 18. Those two (or more) did not join us during Accelerator however they continued to work on the project alongside us.

21 Likes

I’ll be 18 on Dec. Can I join the accelerator program?

16 Likes

I’d like to ask how unique must your game concept be to participate? What if your game isn’t anything inherently special however you’d still wish to gain support regarding it?

15 Likes

No, you must be 18 at the time of the program beginning. It begins in November.

18 Likes

Correct. If you are 18, you can have the other 2 people be in your group.

20 Likes

I will be 18 in mid February. Will this align with the college style semester starting in early January? If it is later in the spring I will be 18.

14 Likes

Which 12-week span in spring 2022 will the Accelerator program be happening?

12 Likes

When will the program start? (the exact date)

12 Likes

I’m definitely going to apply for this in the future!

13 Likes

Yes. The program will begin in February, so as long as you’re 18 before then you can participate.

16 Likes

This is incorrect. The Spring 2022 program will begin in February.

17 Likes

You can expect the program to happen February - April. We usually aim for the first week of the month to begin.

17 Likes

We want our Accelerators to work on something they are passionate about. I think every experience is special to it’s owner, so please apply with whatever you have in mind.

18 Likes

Everyone must be 18. The other two members of that poster’s group who are under 18 cannot be in the Accelerator team if they are not above 18; they must find other members of their overall development team who are 18 or older so they can be contracted. The two underage developers cannot be in the team by virtue of the leader being 18.

17 Likes

I’m not sure if you know the answer to this, but my group has a bit of a problem. There’s 3 members, and 2 of us are above 18, but the last turns 18 in mid February, which is apparently just after the program begins.

We all 3 applied because we weren’t sure of when the program would start (“Spring” could mean a lot of things). Now that we know the program starts the first week of February, one of our members that applied can’t participate.

Now here’s my question (and again this might be a stretch): Will they deny all of our applications (we all applied separately, but we identified our team in the application), or will they give the 2 members of our team that are above 18 a chance to still participate? (If we get accepted of course)

14 Likes

You will not be disqualified, as long as 2+ of those you applied with are 18+. The individual who is not 18+ will not be contacted when we inform you of our decision regarding your application (we will delete their application)

20 Likes

I have a question; what are we required to work as a team?

I believe that some people are more advanced and better off working by themselves. Some prefer to be solo, as it’s a calmer workspace. A team mate could go rogue and completely ruin your thing, what is the reasoning behind this that we are forced to work as a team?

15 Likes

Looks fun! It will be my first Accelerator Program on the platform, good luck to anybody else who is participating :+1:

16 Likes

Hey there, I would love to participate in this! I’m currently not in a team and willing to join one, If anyone is looking for an experienced developer I have the following skills; Creating Concept Art, 3D modeling, creating GUI, Building, texturing with PBR, and designing clothes. I have years of experience in these areas and my work ethic is solid.

Please contact me via discord for examples of my work. cwutey#0012

15 Likes

The program usually repeats each time the seasons change, so 3 or 4 programs each year.

12 Likes