Spring + HingeConstraint completely breaks mechanisms since latest update

I had noticed that people have been complaining more about the suspension being broken lately and tested it out myself.

If you have something like this with 4 hingeconstraints and 2 springs, it will freak out like crazy, yet when i replace the hingeconstraints with blocks, it works just fine.

This is causing people their creations to shake like crazy and completely break the functionality aswell in some cases.

Suspension bug file.rbxl (35.1 KB)
Repro steps:

1. Launch a test server with no players
  2. See the difference between the the mechanisms.

https://streamable.com/87dwrk

11 Likes

I reverted a change that seems to be breaking this. Please verify that this is fixed.

6 Likes

The issue has been fixed now. :smiley:

6 Likes

What was the change you had disabled?

Somehow by reverting this change, it has solved a ton of issues in my game.

Some examples of existing issues and issues that are now fixed because of reverting this change that did not have anything to do with springs:

These issues are all fixed now:

-Motor spasms (hingeconstraints shaking and breaking constantly)
-Motor2 jiggling and becoming unusable (hingeconstraint aiming to mouse)
-Rope storms (tons of stretched ropeconstraints blocking the view and flinging anyone in the area)
-Suspension (springs + prismatic constraints)
-Motor nukes that can crash any server (tons of hingeconstraints)
-Pistons (prismatic constraints)

^ this now works with even more motors than before, with the change enabled it would break/fling into the void at the minimum of 5 hingeconstraints.

^ this used to constantly shake and not stay in the place where you want it to be whenever it has weight, now it just works perfectly.

2 Likes

Did you have prismatic or cylindrical constraints? It’s related to these.

3 Likes

Also could you send me your test places so we can debug our change? thank you!

3 Likes

Prismatic constraints, hingeconstraints, springs and ropeconstraints are the ones that usually break the most in my game with no way to improve them myself.

The motors dont have prismatic constraints.
Pistons and suspension have prismatic constraints.

1 Like

hingeconstraint explode bug.rbxl (33.1 KB)

I have noticed that its way less likely to freak out and explode now.
However though if you jump against the motors, they’ll still explode.

2 Likes

Could you provide us with more models that were problematic? We are trying to debug the change. Thanks!

2 Likes

I cant really send more creations as the other creations are a part of the game its code in order to work.

I can send you a private server link in your dms so you can try it out in a vip server if you’d like.
You can see other people their creations break constantly or test out the issues yourself.

Im not sure whether this has to do with it, but i randomly clipped through terrain when i jumped out of my plane.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.