Stalking Pathfinder Character

Okay, so if any of you have played Isle, you’ve most likely seen “Stan”. For those who haven’t played, I’ll explain it a little more in depth.

To start, I’m referring to the creature as “Stan” from this point on. Put it simply, he is a humanoid figure that will randomly appear at times in the game. He will always appear about 30 studs away from you, and he will be facing you. If you look at him, he disappears once more, and will come back at a later time to watch you. At a certain point in the game, he will appear, charge at you, and kill you upon contact.

Put it simply, I need to recreate this. I need to be able to create a pathfind AI that can:

• Reach any area the player can
  • Appear and face the player at random times
  • Disappear when looked at
  • Will begin charging the player when an event starts (such as day turning to night)

If possible, I’d like to also throw in a GUI that lets the player know that it’s currently stalking them.

Anything you can provide me with will be helpful. This includes any articles, links, kits, etc. I should mention that I’ve never worked with pathfinding, and I’m a very beginner scripter.

I’m NOT asking for scripts. I’m just trying to get as much help as I can.

4 Likes