Star Wars Builds Feedback

It’s very simple… looks okay but can definitely be improved

1 Like

The simplicity of the builds makes them look very cartoony, especially with the light blue windows. Surprised you were able to do that in studio and get it that neat, well done! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh actually those are the engines lol.

I finished the Scavenger also.

3 Likes

Try to advance more with complex shapes and unions! You have your basic shape now, which will make it a lot easier to improve the shape of ships later. If you used blender you could make even more unique shapes that replicate shapes from the movie. The blocks already give you a basic shape of the ship and now you can just build upon that!

So far Its a great start and has some promise! Glad to see what you work on in the future! :grin:

2 Likes

Being a Star Wars genre developer for a while now, I do like your enthusiasm with the genre on Roblox. Your builds look more like low poly models. The Star Destroyer would look decent high up in the sky as a background “image” for somebody to view from below. If you plan on ever using it where others may view it up-close, I’d add significantly more detail to it.

2 Likes

Hmm honestly, this looks classic its not good or bad but it is classic, I love classic! In my opinion this looks amazing and a normal build good job.

They don’t look great but they don’t look bad, really simple and that’s good.

It’s nice, but you’re going to have to add a lot more detail.

Thanks for all the replies! I will add more detail soon.

I created a decent CR90 Corvette (aka the Tantive IV) and here it is:

How good is it?

• Great
  • Good
  • Neutral
  • Bad
  • Poop - I will quit if you pick this (just kidding)

0 voters

I’ll be adding more and more star wars builds as I make them.

I made a star destroyer turret:

I like to stay simple, but I’m probably gonna get better and put lots of detail.

I honestly think it’s too rectangular, I think it needs some more shapes. Needs some more work, but not bad…

2 Likes

It looks good, but it is a simple thing to do, even if I am not a builder myself :grin:

So I noticed a few things looking at these. First, the bridge. The bridges on star destroyers are at least several stories tall, and do not contain a noticeable viewport or window. They are also bigger than they should be and lack a bit detail. The bridge on a standard imperial star destroyer is about 1/3 the width of the ship, maybe a bit smaller.

Also keep in mind while modeling star destroyers are massive, 1,600 meters or a mile long for an I-class star destroyer.

Your ship also isn’t wide enough, star destroyers are a wider triangle shape. Here’s a picture I made comparing your model to an actual star destroyer. There’s also a photo of the bridge, adding the shapes on top might help give more detail to your bridge.

Also, work on the tip of your models, there’s a weird inverted triangle going on there.

Pretty good for a beginner, I don’t think I could do this. And I like the scavenger, it’s a really interesting design.

Before you posted, I changed it up a bit.

I added those shield generators at the top and that other thing. I also made a “replica” of the bridge.

I also felt like the star destroyer was too long and not wide enough. So i’ll fix that.

It looks okay, but I feel like this build was a bit rushed due to lack of details, I am sure this would be a great builld if you focused a bit more on details such as turrets, but this definitely has potential to become a really good build.

Guys. I’ve heard enough about “adding more details”. I’m just a simple builder and don’t make exact replicas of things.

Is this a bit better?

I made it shorter and more wide.

Now I’m gonna do a poll for each build.

Star Destroyer

• Great
  • Good
  • Neutral
  • Bad
  • Poop

0 voters

Scavenger

• Great
  • Good
  • Neutral
  • Bad
  • Poop

0 voters

CR90 Corvette

• Great
  • Good
  • Neutral
  • Bad
  • Poop

0 voters

Turrets for star destroyer

• Great
  • Good
  • Neutral
  • Bad
  • Poop

0 voters

The details get better!! :+1: Keep this up!!

1 Like
Just saying:

You should probably remove the rating system.