Starship Simulation

Hi! Me and my friend have basically finished our Starship Simulation game! Sounds were moderated by Roblox and we are trying to get them back. The video does have audio synced with it. Have a good day/night!

Game:
https://www.roblox.com/games/6475506546/Starship-Simulation

Video:

7 Likes

Oh this is great! I love Space X’s development. What SN are you trying to replicate here?

1 Like

Few things I notice right off the bat is 1. The engines aren’t actually firing when it does the flip maneuver and it looks really strange, there is no engine gimble at all just, and the lower fins don’t extend/retract upwards when sky diving. Also The rotation of starship isn’t very realistic to the real starship during a flip maneuver, Starship needs to over correct itself and it need to be much much flatter when it is sky diving

Starship is too pointy, its more ovular. The engines aren’t suppose to all stop at the same time but instead shut off in sync to stay at apogee for as long as possible. The skydiving maneuver isn’t aggressive enough, and the bottom wing flaps don’t move at all which they’re suppose to be up when doing a skydive maneuver but come out when landing. There is slots for vacuum optimized raptor engines and they shouldn’t be there for prototypes doing belly flops. The timer doesn’t stop after the craft lands. You should also change the reflectance of the vehicle to be higher so its more shiny like stainless steel.

I’m sorry if I went on for a little rant, I just hate when people get starship wrong at all. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you also forgot the RCS, landing legs, and the liquid oxygen release.

We just made a mix of all of the tests that have happened so far. Nothing Specific.

Yeah. All of your points we have discussed. We may make another one with all of these features and it will be a lot more like real life. For now we just wanted a basic, working simulation but not 100% realistic like the SpaceX Roblox group. Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

Yeah. Just noticed I could have replied to these all at once but hey ho. The engines do fire up, but Roblox’s particle system doesn’t render them that far away. And yeah, as I have said in my other post, this is just a basic thing; really just to see what we could make.

1 Like

Yes I did notice this, but the strange thing is how you always shut off all the engines at once or fire them at once instead of separating them and deactivating them as you reach your apsis and for the flip maneuver.

Yeah. It will look good if we do this in our revamp. If we do make one.