StarterCharacter rig not working, Character walks and faces sideways

Hello! This is my first post on here, so let me know if theres any issues.

What im trying to make is a starter character, using the model I found here. I added the Humanoid, made sure it had the Motor6D in each part, etc. But when I play the character moves sidesways, and looks weird.

You can see it here, in this video. Roblox Studio (gyazo.com)

How can I fix the character so it walks straight? Thanks for any help!

This is because pivoting isn’t set to where it’s supposed to be

use Custom Character Editor or RigEdit to rotate the pivot of it

Hi! thanks for the response, where can I find that? Do you have a link to it? tried searching for it but got results from 7 years ago.
Also what do you mean by the Pivoting? What is that?
Thanks!

this rig was made for animation and not for games really, but its possible to edit it to work
also, i found a reddit post of a person having the same problem, and you can find the post here

1 Like

Thanks so much, I got it to work eventually for NPCs but not for a starter character so i had to improvise. Loved the rigs! They look reallynice and the blocky style is amazing

if you like this block rig you may like my vr rigs i made since they are mainly made of blocks too, thanks for using my rig!

The face if your character must be facing the front when creating. You made your character sideways so it walks sideways

actually i think i scaled the whole thing so the front is on the side lol

Ill look into them for sure haha. Thanks!

Try rerigging the character using a rigging plugin (like Rig Editor, its the one I use and personally like the most.) and make sure its using normal R6 animations.