StarterCharacter Spawns underground

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear! (A succesful custom character spawn)

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible! (It’s legs just get stuck underground and it slides around the floor.)image

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub? (I’ve tried changing the HipHeight making it lower or shorter and I’ve not found a single solution to this problem since I’m bad at looking for very specific things.)

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

-- This is an example Lua code block

Please do not ask people to write entire scripts or design entire systems for you. If you can’t answer the three questions above, you should probably pick a different category.

Check if this spawn point is in the ground

That can happen sometimes just raise the spawn point in the air a little bit and you should be fine I was having the same problem and this fixed it.

So this works but only if the StarterCharacter is not active so I really don’t see what the problem I’m having is to explain it further.

I don’t know how to do that since I don’t know much about characters.

maybe try changing the hipheight to 2

That’s an R6 Character. It has no HipHeight.

1 Like

That’s indeed something I’ve tried as far as I remember.

oh i didnt realise that thanks

Well it should be working. Because I’m using starter characters aswell.

I have just been struggling with this same thing! I am a blender user and 2 things I forgot to do in Blender fixed my issue.

1. The failing character was output from Blender but the middle of his body was at the origin point. Moved the character so bottom of feet in between the two was now in line with origin Put the character above the ground in Blender. Thats all.

2. Dont forget to zero out all objects in Blender before you export. This is done by selecting all objects in you’re scene and pressing “cnrl - a” and choose “apply all”

If both of these dont work or the chracter is floating in air. You may need to adjust the hip height property of your humanoid.

Hope this helps someone.