StarterGui and Character loading broken since latest Client update (609)

Whatever was introduced in this update completely broke my game. StarterGui was either never being parented to PlayerGui, characters were straight up not loading at all and letting players camera fly around like it was studio or StarterGui was being parented TWICE from StarterGui to PlayerGui.

Never had any issues loading into my game and then boom update and I can’t even get the PlayerGui to show up anymore. I completely switched over to using LoadCharacter and parenting the player gui from the server now which fixed it thankfully. I do have StreamingEnabled on for this game however turning it off did not seem to change anything.

Idk what caused the issue but maybe take a look, not sure if it broke any other games but there seemed to be a problem with StarterGui just not getting sent at all.

Screenshots from some of my players. PlayerGui console logs when added to the player yet no PlayerGui is present and no console log at all meaning that it never got sent from StarterGui to the player. Some players reported having a character while others were able to fly around the game like it was studio. I also started experiencing the issues myself after my Roblox client updated!!!

Another note, it only happens about 60% of the time when loading the game. Teleporting to a match does not cause any issue, just the initial loading into the Universe start place.

2 Likes

Could you possibly have Players.CharacterAutoLoads to false? Run a Player:LoadCharacter() when the bug occurs and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

@wravager could you provide a place file so we can repro on our end? Thanks.

This is happening to me as well. Sometimes StarterGui instances don’t Clone into the PlayerGui. However I fixed It being game breaking by just manually cloning if Roblox doesn’t.