StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false) is giving me a syntax error

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    So im trying to make a Main-Menu right, and so I want to disable all core gui in starter GUI. But im getting a red line even though im following it through

But im getting a red line even though im following it through
I tried looking in object browser to see if i put it wrong but i put it right. I don’t know if this is a bug but most likely its my script. And there is no other post that is similar to my problem last time i checked.
Here is my script:

--These are my Variables
local SG = game:GetService("StarterGui")
local SP = game:GetService("StarterPlayer")
local PLRS = game:GetService("Players")
local UIS = game:GetService("UserInputService")
local FT = 0 --Ignore this it was for later part of the script but as you know I'm having problems with the first part :/

local function SetGUI(
	SG:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false)-- this is the problem, im getting a syntax  error: Synax error: Incomplete Statement: expected assignment or function call
	SG:SetCore("ResetButtonCallback",false)
	UIS.ModalEnabled = true
	print("Finished Setting GUI")

end

Like i said I looked in object browser and it looks like I’m doing it right.

Here is my whole script: Keep in mind im not done with the later part of the script(anything under the function i made is the “later part of the script”)

So whats the issue? bug or script?

You forgot the local function SetGui() the parentheses.

1 Like

From the looks of it, you’ve made a syntax error when assigning local function SetGui(, you forgot to place another parenthesis, should look something like this:

--These are my Variables
local SG = game:GetService("StarterGui")
local SP = game:GetService("StarterPlayer")
local PLRS = game:GetService("Players")
local UIS = game:GetService("UserInputService")
local FT = 0 --Ignore this it was for later part of the script but as you know I'm having problems with the first part :/

local function SetGUI()
	SG:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false)-- this is the problem, im getting a syntax  error: Synax error: Incomplete Statement: expected assignment or function call
	SG:SetCore("ResetButtonCallback",false)
	UIS.ModalEnabled = true
	print("Finished Setting GUI")
end

That should make the error be quiet.

1 Like

LOL I just realized that. Thanks!