Starting a spaceship, anything I should add on?

So far I’ve just made the rockets on the back in blender. For reference, I’m using the Fleet Carrier from Elite:Dangerous. I’m not great with details on blender, so what could I add onto it to make it less bland?

Images

10 Likes

I think it looks perfect, really awesome job.

3 Likes

It looks amazing, but there are some things that may have not been added from the original to the version you’ve made:

• in the inside of the REAL picture they have little details to the ship (ex: some parts stick out, and the little design on the inside) aren’t on the your version.
  • More detail on the jet engines, the real version you ca see little parts where it may be glowing, or there are just tiny details, this may not be noticed by all but it will make it more realistic and attract more players.
  • Maybe a custom logo of yours? Since most likely that ship is owned by some company and you most likely aren’t licensed to use their logo, you could create your own to make it unique! :grin:

Overall I love the design and would like to see your progress with this! I think this would be a great asset for a space type game.

Have a great day and Happy Holidays! :santa:

1 Like

Wrap that puppy up in textures. If your proficient at Photoshop or MS paint make some textures. for the whole thing. Although you’re in space and no one going to see you out there so it really doesn’t matter. Maybe add some more detail to the interior instead. But honestly Id add more doo dahs and bits to the exterior to give it more depth rather than a smooth bland exterior. Then make textures and wrap it up.

It looks clean! I personally like it in it’s current state, however maybe add a few more lights to the side as well as seen in the reference post. Good job though!

the jets look perfect but a bit of extra detailing on the sides and or top wouldn’t hurt

I think maybe adding some metal plating on the sides and give it a little bit of colour variety rather than just 2 other than that great job.