Starting logo design, feedback on my first ones?

Hi all! I’ve been trying to learn how to make logos lately and while I am proud of how my work currently looks, I definitely need a lot pf practice to make more polished looking pieces. My goal is to create eyecatching, unique logos, playing with fonts and design a lot. Below are a few I’ve made so far:

My work

wm_capsicumstudios

I’d like to know what you all think about them, and suggestions for how I can improve my work are greatly appreciated!

Lastly, what programs do you guys use to make logos? I can’t afford ones that cost money right now, so I currently use Canva to get the fonts + placement, and Firealpaca/Krita to render and add more details.

4 Likes

The work you posted looks great! The first one looks professional and bright, the second one casual and fun, and the third is eye-catching and innovative - all of which are great things to have in a logo. I don’t have anything negative to say about any of them.

As for software, I use Adobe Illustrator, which is good for creating vectors and illustrations, as well as text art. Unfortunately, it is a paid application, but well worth it in my personal opinion. There’s nothing wrong with using free programs, though, and I’m sure a quick search would find excellent alternatives.

2 Likes

what is this talent your insanely better then me at logos

1 Like

Haha thanks, I’ve been doing illustration for years now and so I have a good understanding of colors and design and such.

I think what helps me is that I have a good theme in mind and try to figure out smaller details I can add to my work to make it pop in certain ways. References are great too! I’m practically studying Roblox game logos that I want to mimic and seeing what features they have that I want to incorporate/expand on in my own art. Hopefully these help you too!

1 Like

Really nice logos! Love it

And also Photopea is a great tool. Check it out.

I like PowerPoint more, it is better for me. but for people who did not use to use ppt, and mostly use Photoshop will say Photopea

1 Like