Stateview Prison V1 Open-Source

Today, we at the Stateview Prison team are open sourcing most of the scripts and some models from the most popular prison roleplay game on Roblox. We are doing this for others to look at our work, be inspired, or use parts of it for their own projects.

The game has been out for years, and has been obsoleted by Stateview Prison V2. Please note most of the code in the game is old to say the least, and many practices used back then may not be used today.

Some things such as rank management, sounds, Discord webhooks, gun scripts, level system, and anti-exploits have been removed as they are still being used, have their own licenses, and/or contain API keys.

Some things in the file such as Fast Cast Redux and Basic Admin Essentials were not made by us. The full list of other parties work that was used is contained in the “NOTICE” script.

We are licensing the file attached for public use in educational, recreational, and/or commercial purposes under the Apache License, Version 2.0. You may obtain a copy of the License here.

V1_Modified_OS.rbxl (2.1 MB)

Enjoy :happy1:

121 Likes

This is really helpful for many people! It’s not everyday you see a popular game go open source. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

19 Likes

Thank you for making it open source! V1 was an amazing game and it would be interesting how it worked.

8 Likes

Thank you so much! I can’t wait to check it out! I get so much hands on knowledge from messing with open sourced games. It really lets me have fun with the potentially tedious nature of learning to script!

3 Likes

Thanks! I have never played this game but I do recognise it! I love it when big games open source!!
Thanks again and good luck for the future

4 Likes

Very epic, making games open source helps many other games.

4 Likes

I hope this can help out a bunch of small developers or even big ones looking for some assets to grab.

12 Likes

Very helpful, nice open source :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

This is amazing! Thank you so much for open sourcing this. I find looking at open-sourced projects being one of the best ways to pick up and learn a thing here and there.

4 Likes

This is awesome! Y’all’re the best! You didn’t have to, but you did! I hope this helps devs!

4 Likes

Thank you! I love you! I finally got a working handcuff system!

1 Like

Damn, this is going to help a lot of developers.

Can’t wait to try it out, this will really help me out.

is this a bug or is there no building?

It’s not a bug, they just dont fully open source all the buildes

Thanks for the resource! Not lots of developers give the source.

Really helpful to people who are making their own roblox games.

1 Like

would a open source for v2 be coming out when v3 is live?

4 Likes

Just want to know how to get the handcuffs working with crims ECT. I have tried but it doesn’t seem to be working, my 2 police teams are: “Corrections” and “Staff”

Open the “Arrest Function” script inside of Handcuffs.Server !
You must edit the line 7 add your two teams, if you need more help let me know.

1 Like