Status icons on the mobile app differentiate when on groups

The Roblox app has different online indicators than the web version and it’s been like this almost forever, and still is. However, when viewing group members in their role sets, the web version of the online indicators is overlapped with the app version.

Here’s what it should and does look like on the web version when a friend is online or in a game, viewing from the home page:
IMG_7835
IMG_7836

Here’s what it should and does look like on the APP version when a friend is online or in a game, viewing from the home page:

And here’s what it incorrectly looks like on the app version when viewing members of a group in role sets:

As you can see from the above screenshot, the online person on the left has the correct online icon being displayed. However the person on the right has the web version of the icon and it’s smaller than normal for the app version. The app version is usually just a plain green circle and should be the same size as the online one as seen on the left.

Additionally, when someone is in Roblox Studio, you can see the orange circle on the app but for some reason it’s also then overlapped with a smaller web version of the online symbol. See this below:

Here’s my device and version details:

iPhone 14 Pro (256GB)
iOS 16.6 (20G5058d)
Roblox App Version 2.583.1069 (Latest via App Store)

Happens on all groups I’ve viewed so far.

(Also, I’m not sure why the app version shows the green circle even when a friend is online and it shows blue on the web version. Kinda confusing)

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database.

4 Likes

I reviewed the reference page, and I have never seen anything like that, It does seem kind of interesting. And it actually seems to be a feature surprisingly.

3 Likes

@thirdtakeonit Hey there, just following up on this for any potential updates if possible please? The problem reported is still occurring.

@thirdtakeonit Hi again, requesting another update on this situation? Still occurs across the entire app versions of Roblox.

1 Like