'status.roblox.com'

Due to the recent increase in downtimes, and also the uncertainty people experience due to not knowing if the issues they have are occurring just for them or for everyone, I propose a status.roblox.com subdomain which gives detailed information on the status of ROBLOX’s servers (much like the AWS status page).

It should also contain a message board where engineers can update all users on an approx. reason to downtime (or at least maybe an assurance they are working on it?) and maybe estimates on how long it’ll take to fix.

64 Likes

I support this, especially if the servers continue to crawl around. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There hasn’t been an increase in downtime as far as I know.

It’s always being worked on. We have very comprehensive monitoring so nothing slips past our ops team.

This would be nice, there’s a huge lack of communication from staff around any sort of downtime. That leads to developers questioning whether our own games are bugged, and players attacking developers for issues that are completely out of our control.

12 Likes

I support, we never know what’s wrong with roblox and it’s annoying everytime they are down

1 Like

I can’t really back anything up either, but last night everything-- studio, launcher, and website were stunted.

In the mean-time, this is a good reason to learn proper error handling. Always use pcall on service calls (when they access external data). Similarly how you would use exception handling and such in other languages and frameworks.

2 Likes