SteamVR once again automatically opens whenever starting roblox

Yaay! Been suffering since last year about it! :tada:

This hasn’t been fixed. Please fix.

1 Like

Please, someone needs to take a serious look at this. Actually take it serious. I am so tired of having to rename my SteamVR folder. There is absolutely no way this has existed for over a year and it still hasn’t been patched. I’m glad we’re getting better VR support but the lack of actual bug fixing is absolutely insane for Index / Non-Meta Quest users.

Please make this a priority bug report.

1 Like

The deed has been done.
Context: SteamVR also caused a issue to only allow one instance of roblox or roblox studio open so that was the alternative issue presented to be fixed in a video I demonstrated but idk if external links to other websites are allowed on forums so can’t post the link to video.

Right now I’m just unplugging my HMD. Works, but annoying.

Easier to just move the “win64” file out of SteamVR/bin onto the desktop, it’ll prevent the entire app from running.

So due to the underlining issue being delayed constantly, I tried my hand at making a quick and easy program to enable or disable SteamVR.

I wrote a program in which you tell it where your SteamVR is currently installed at, and it will simply rename the vrserver.exe to vrserver.exe.disabled and vise versa.

I am a noob when it comes to C# so please don’t yell at me.
If there are any issues you encounter, please post it in the issues page.

3 Likes

Any updates on this? It’s been a minute since any sort of staff response was made.

4 Likes

Bump. Still a problem. It’s probably extremely far down the list of backlog items, but at least give it to a junior dev or something as a newbie ticket. It was fixed before so I’m betting it’s in your commits somewhere anyway. Please!

1 Like