Still can't shut down servers

Ever since the server list was disabled, game owners can’t shut down individual servers in group games. This is hugely damaging to the workflow of a group game.

• Publish update
  • Players are playing so you need to shut them down
  • Only option is “shut down all” which also kicks every dev out of team create

A terrible development experience.

17 Likes

I’m interested - why does roblox bind that teamcreate shutdown with shut down all servers?
Kind of like a bad easter egg.

1 Like

They tried to unbind it once, but there has to be a way to shut down the TC server. And if there’s no dedicated button then this is the next best thing.

1 Like

I’d actually recommend you post this also on the TC bugs thread so that it can be brought to the it attention that it has this unwanted side effect

I also think that the group game server view is coming / was meant to be released soon, iirc

@Silent137

1 Like

This is a wanted side effect. I was mad when they removed it. Shutting down the TC server is part of the workflow.

There needs to be a control for it. It obviously shouldn’t be implemented the way it is, but it’s better than nothing.

Yeah it’s been a couple weeks and it still doesn’t work so that’s why I’m posting

Yeah, I don’t disagree it’s super useful - but the fact I didn’t even realise it existed until now means that the execution is more detrimental than the benefits - a dedicated button is really needed.

I don’t follow. Just because you don’t know about something doesn’t mean it’s a danger to you. TC shutdown being implemented as part of shut down all is ugly, but totally fine in terms of effect it has on your workflow.

Yeah - it isn’t dangerous, it’s just really ugly and not publicised at all

How can you even shutdown a specific server, if you cannot see it in the first place?

1 Like

This is exactly the problem

1 Like

It is also an issue of VIP server owners not being able to shutdown what they paid for, which can be a big issue if like a troll or something decides to join you.

1 Like

Normally troll behaviour isn’t permanent because they can’t do anything except rant and get kicked

Is this still happening? Anyone with the canManageGroupGames permission should be able to see the server list now. To provide more context, we shipped this change yesterday.

Works now, thanks!