Stock Roblox Textures Stretch on MeshParts

My game Free Build allows players to place and resize parts. When placing something with an angled surface such as a wedge, the face which is angled stretches the texture out. This appears on everyones screen and can be reproduced in studio. This does not happen on blocks such as a cube nor does it happen on the same block on faces that aren’t “off axis?” Me & my friends think that is a recent change as we do not remember having this issue before although we could be wrong.
Note that Free Build uses MeshParts.

The screenshot above is a resized MeshPart in the shape of a wedge with concrete texture applied although this happens to all textures. Link to the place incase it is relevant:

Thank you for any help provided with this issue! My apologies for posting this incase it is the intended behaviour although it works alright with faces that aren’t at an angle.

3 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

This issue is not yet resolved. If you would like a sample file of the issue, here’s one:
Texture Issue.rbxl (20.6 KB)
Simply resize the wedge to a larger size to exaggerate the effect.
Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Alright, as soon as there is any info on this i will pass it on.

1 Like

Unfortunately, you just can’t do that with the meshes that uses box UV mapping. Regrettably , we don’t have any plans to modify this feature. You could try using meshes with custom UVs.