Stolen Game Question

So I got a quick question, (sorry if this is the wrong category)

What would I do if my game was stolen, like everything within my game, get’s copied in a new game.

I got one answer off my friends, but I don’t know if it’s true;

1. ROBLOX can take down the game if it’s a whole copy.

Can someone verify?

3 Likes

If the copied game uses assets that you own you can contact ROBLOX support to take it down. (Proof is needed of course).

2 Likes

They can take down the fake game, I remember there was this copy of Theme Park Tycoon 2 and it would give you more cash than usual, and it got banned, so as long as you report the fake game it should get off the platform.

1 Like

Well first of all, you should report the user and the stolen game/assets to Roblox.

Also, your friend is correct… kinda. You can submit a DMCA takedown request for an entire game, or just an asset. You have to remember though, the stolen asset CANNOT have been on the Toolbox, even if it was offsale.

3 Likes

You are right. If you have uploaded your game on the toolbox pretty much anyone can get it if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Yes. If you have the Chrome Extension: BT Roblox, you can view the source of Free Models before you insert them into your game. This includes scripts. They do this so people do not insert viruses into their game

1 Like

I would contact Roblox first and ask them to take it down (with proof). If their support is awful and doesn’t take it down then file a DMCA claim, your assets are your property so you have the right to DMCA claim them.

1 Like

Yes Roblox does take down games/assets if you contact them and you show proof. I did once to take down over 40 stolen assets, 2 days later they all got removed by Roblox. But keep in mind that people can create alt-account and re-upload the stolen assets again.

@TheVoidArchitect did get a give a good answer but if you have any stolen assets DO NOT CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT they are powerless with copyright claims and really cannot do much. Instead, you need to file DMCA owners claim on Support - Roblox

Example:

You can also email their copyright agent. I personally haven’t used them but I’m sure its the best way.
copyright_agent@roblox.com

Here is what I pulled from the TOS that provides further info.

1. Notice. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we ask you to do the same. If you are a copyright owner or an agent of a copyright owner and believe that any content on the Service infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (" DMCA ") by contacting our Copyright Agent at copyright_agent@roblox.com or Legal, P.O. Box 1265, San Mateo, CA 94401. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 6(C), your DMCA notice may not be valid. You must provide the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
10 Likes