Stop Boat from tiping in terrain water

I’m looking for a way to stop boats from tipping over in terrain water, but I’m not really sure what I should do to stop it or if it’s even possible to stop.

Screenshot_535

I’m going to be setting the boat’s Network Owner to the Player’s therefore I can not use Anchored parts, (meaning I’m welding the boat and unanchoring it.) It would also be more perferable as I will be able to use a BodyForce, BodyThrust, Etc…

Any ideas?

2 Likes

A possible kind of out of the box solution would be put a sort of centering weight in the center of the boat, this way it’d be balanced on all sides and thus wouldn’t tip over in theory. If this doesn’t work I can look for a more ethical solution for you if you’d like because I’m sure it’s possible.

1 Like

While yes I could do something like that, I need a more permanent solution as the boat in the picture is going to be taller than that for one thing, and it would take forever figuring out where to put a part to balance it out.

Earlier I did try that method and sadly it didn’t really work out that well, Guessing from the tipping the Port side of the boat is heavier than the Starboard side of it meaning I’d need to put weight on the Starboard side. The problem is this ship is going to have moving parts that may disrupt the balance.

Understandably, I have found these thread which may help you!

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-to-make-a-boat-float-above-water-without-decreasing-density-and-allowing-players-to-violently-rock-the-boat/26725/3

I link the last one because if it’s not to late making an ergonomic hull would prevent tipping a lot more.

3 Likes

Thanks man!

No problem!