Stop Cropping My Badges

When badges were released, there was the idea of trying to make them all round. However, alomost no badges are round, and many users don’t know it crops it. This causes two things:

1 The original intent for the cropping is moot
2 Badge images are cropped (duh?)

I’d like to request that you disable the cropping, and instead enforce a file size limit. For something like a badge, 2MB should suffice.

Do you guys agree?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I do but I also want another 100 pixels on X and Y so it doesn’t look so pixelated.

You can upload at any size. It’ll crop it just the same.

Really?! Wow I’m out of date.

Thanks!

Haha. No problem. Fun fact: You always could. :wink:

I don’t think so. Badges used to be really ugly https://www.roblox.com/25-Tags-item?id=139858081

Hmm. I know I uploaded bigger badge icons on my account Molt. The edges weren’t smooth though. But eh, been years. Maybe I’m just daft. But I’m 99% sure you can upload bigger images. I’d test personally but I’m saving my R$115.

Just wanted to post my badge as reference to why it should’nt be cropped.

Because diamonds are the future.

Seriously. Diamonds.

I’m going to go ahead and upload mine now at its current resolution (600x600 or so) to confirm.

Uploaded image at: https://www.roblox.com/A52-Visitor-Badge-Thumbnail-item?id=398779357

It definently downscaled it, unfortunately.

However, they did add a feature that lets you update the thumbnail image:

Oh jeez. Since when did 150x150 look like shit?
But dang. What happens if you update the thumbnail to a higher res?

Edit: Just realized it looks like shit because I have my laptop hooked up to my 4K TV.

150x150 on a 3840x2160 display is of course going to look like crap.

1 Like

I haven’t tried but i’ll try sometime tommorrow and let you know.

I assume it just crops the next image, unless one of the roblox devs snuck in something to make it larger with out good ol’ David knowing.

And as for your computer, it looks like shit regardless.

It’s probably possible for them to make the resolution higher but still keep it the same size on the webpage.

1 Like

Having badges that are square instead of round is what I’ve been waiting for.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from An updated badge template

Badge images using the full square of the uploaded image would lead to more creative freedom when designing badges and better use of the available space.

2 Likes