Stop friend request notifications from blocking the jump button

It’s super annoying when a friend request (or follower notification) pops up over the jump area on mobile. It makes jumping impossible for many seconds at a time, and gets worse the more notifications stack on each other.

Edit a year later: moved categories, deleted proposed solutions & made more succinct

11 Likes

Toast notifications sound like a good idea for mobile platforms. There’s generally no immediate use UI elements in the top center of the screen that can’t sacrifice being obstructed for (however long notifications last)

Detecting significant motion in the device seems like a bad idea though. Shaking the device would make it difficult for me to discern what’s going on on the screen.

I like these solutions, but isn’t the player list is shown for tablet users? Maybe make it to where friend requests on mobile appear next (to the left of) the player list for tablet users, and right where the player list would appear (top right corner) if it is not visible.

I’m still having this issue on mobile and sometimes accidentally hit Accept. It’s really bad for “obby-type” games

3 Likes