Stop layered clothing rebuilds?

Is there anyway to stop layered clothing rebuilds?

There is a game breaking bug in my case that involves layered clothing rebuilds being triggered by unrelated part properties being changed, causing lag that roblox has yet to fix. So for now I was wondering if there was I way I can stop layered clothing rebuilds as I dont want to disable layered clothing entirely.

Bug Report incase you were interested in the bug: Layered clothing causes lag spikes when updating unrelated part properties

1 Like

I was thinking if there was a way, once you equip the layered clothing and it builds itself could we somehow convert it into a non-accessory? I thought of just getting the accessory handle then welding it and parenting it to the character and just removing the accessory altogether. But the problem is that coats and other layered clothing move with multiple parts. (e.g a coat has sleeves that move with the arms, chest part that moves with the upper torso, etc)

This also wouldnt do the thing with layered clothes where it makes certain parts invisible to avoid clipping.

I thought of another good potential solution.
Creating an invisible character and every body part of that character gets welded to a players character. E.g the invis characters right arm will be attached and welded to my arm. Then I equip the layered clothing on the invisible character instead of the real character. The ONLY issue with this unfortunately is that layered clothes stops clipping by making certain parts of the character invisible. Is there anyway I could check which limbs are meant to be invisible with layered clothes?