Store my players data on my own databasse

1. What do you want to achieve? Hello, i want to save my players data on my own database, and maybe know if there are tools made for that?

2. What is the issue? I don’t know how to do it.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I looked on the devforum, but i didn’t find anything.

1 Like

Why?? Maybe if you connect the game to an API that sends out the data you could, but why?

1 Like

Why when i always ask something i get asked why i want to do that, i just want an answer to my question

1 Like

Just seems a lot more difficult than necessary. What type of database are you trying to send the data to?

1 Like

i have a MongoDB database (character limit)

1 Like

I’d recommend just using a database module that already exists like profileservice or datastore2. Creating your own database would be very stressful, and people have already created data modules so you don’t have to.

1 Like

The issue is that with these solutions, i can only access to the data on studio

1 Like

It’s your choice if you want to go through the trouble. In order to use a database outside roblox, you’d have to use HttpService to send and get data from your database. I found some topics that already exist regarding this. Hope this helped.

1 Like

That seems harder than i expected, i think i will keep the ProfileService

1 Like

Sometimes, people might be asking an xy question, where instead of asking for a solution to a problem, you ask for the solution to a problem your own solution has. It can be important to ask what the original problem is, so that people don’t waste time trying to fix something in a way that does not make sense.

In this case, you are asking how to save data to an external database, instead of asking how to fix the issue that made you want to use an external database.

1 Like