Story Game Central - Teleporter Update

Hello!

After a long break from doing updates (sorry for that), I have decided to update the teleporter room. When I first made Story Game Central (Games Inspired by Camping which can be found on my profile), I didn’t know anything about building or scripting, I only knew that it was possible to create a teleporter to another game. After searching for a bit on Youtube, I made the basic teleporter frame and inserted a script I had found with a video. This caused issues like lag to appear. I hope that this update will get rid of most of the issues and make choosing games even more accessible.

Issues

If you come across any issues like deleted/broken games, wrong names or thumbnails, incorrect games (you get teleported to the wrong game), or any other issues, send me a message straight away (profile, group wall, social links).

Extra help

Story Game Central is a game heavily based on its community. That means there are many ways you can help out and improve this game with me.

• Message me new story games (profile, group wall, social links)
  • Share your opinion on games that are added or should be removed
  • Join the community server to help test story games with me (social links)

There are a lot of story games that need testing before I can approve and honestly, trying out many of these games is really boring, which is why I would like to have some friends to help out with it.

Changelog

These are all the changes for the new update:

• New teleporter frames
  • New room design
  • Frames now change color when you have teleported to that game before
  • A popup message asking you if you’re sure if you want to teleport or not
  • Improved scripts to reduce lag
  • Improved image quality on game teleporters
  • Changed/updated decals
  • Added a soundtrack
  • 4 new game teleporters (Pet Story, The Beach, Magic Show 2, Limbo)
  • 4 game teleporters removed (Kidnapped, Train, Desert Trip, Rescue Mission)
  • Removed the “Suggest a game” button in settings
  • Removed the unused changelogs board
  • Changed shopkeeper
  • More minor changes

Challenges

Because of the new colored teleporters, I thought it would be nice for some challenges.

• Out of every game, what is your least and most favorite game?
  • Which row of games (21-22 games) contains the best and worst games?

It would be nice for you to answer these questions in the group wall. I will make sure to read them all!

Special thanks

I want to give a special thanks to these 2 amazing friends of mine!

• EmK530: Scripted the new teleporters (less lag and change of color), testing story games with me, created a tool for better quality images
  • EcoCrashed: Made the “Are you sure you want to teleport” UI

Game link

https://www.roblox.com/games/4055105254/SGC-Story-Game-Central

1 Like