Story game Dialogue Not Working

Hello Developers, I need some help with my dialogue script. I made this script by following a Tutorial by Ponchokings. But when I tested it out in my game, it kept give me some errors. I double checked the video, all the events and parts were in place. Can someone please help?

Here’s the code I used:
local createDialogueEvent = game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes.createDialogueEvent

local hideDialogueEvent = game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes.hideDialogueEvent

local setDialogueImageEvent = game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes.setDialogueImageEvent

wait(3)

setDialogueImageEvent:FireAllClients("Bacon", Color3.new(1, 0, 0))

createDialogueEvent:FireAllClients("")

wait(0.5)

createDialogueEvent:FireAllClients("Welcome, to the facility")

And here’s the errors:

1 Like

hey i can give my dialog system

https://www.roblox.com/library/6702261811/NPC?ViewInBrowser=true&CreatorId=1152827586&SearchId=CE952406-4DCA-47C3-91DA-D66E481369E8&Category=Model&Position=61&SearchKeyword=&CreatorType=User&SortType=Relevance

1 Like

That would be really helpful. Thanks.

1 Like

No Problem Bro And I Have More Models For Your Game

Though, I’m not using any NPC dialogue. Im making a system similar to the one in Airplane 4 [Story game].

1 Like

You Can Hire Me If You Want ! :wink:

I wish, I don’t really have Robux.

1 Like

find a youtube chenel How To Roblox and he giving free models from vidio in desc look ! :slight_smile: :blush:

Ok, I’ll try it. Thanks for helping.

1 Like

Are you sure there is a remote event called createDialogueEvent?

You probably mistyped the remote event’s name. Check it again.

If those didn’t help you, try using WaitForChild.

I doubled checked everything, but how do I use waitforchild? I’m really new to scripting using Lua.

local createDialogueEvent = game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes:WaitForChild("createDialogueEvent")
local hideDialogueEvent = game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes:WaitForChild("hideDialogueEvent")
local setDialogueImageEvent = game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes:WaitForChild("setDialogueImageEvent")

It will yield the function until the remote event is found.

Also this topic should be in #help-and-feedback:scripting-support

1 Like

Oh ok, thanks for your help. But this does not work, I will be starting from scratch and make my own dialogue system. And this topic will also be closed.