Story games, your opinions on a good one?

Yo fellow Robloxians! Iam SoalReaperCaptain but u can call me Soal.

Ive always been a fan of story games, whether its nsuns3, halo4, or the other point and click adventures. I always wanted to make my own.

So, Ive been wondering of making a story game so ive been wondering about what do i avoid that gives story games a bad name.

The main idea is :

The game, Wormholes, will be a puzzle/story/action/fps game where you travel through portals/wormholes to navigate through a cave that belonged about a presumed dead ancient civilization.

1 Like
Read first!

By story games, I’m assuming you’re referring to games similar to “Camping”.

I would highly recommend straying away from the typical “scary monster” type of plot, as the amount of games that use that same plot are staggering.

I like your main idea so far! :smiley:

4 Likes

Ya, its not really scary monster. Its like a final boss battle with “kuroniKami”, japanese for BlackDemonGod. It will be a large giant black monster that you must shoot with your gun.

1 Like

Here’s what’s bad about story games:

• Guy named something very generic leads you to a house
  • Flashlight breaks/lantern breaks/fire gets put out
  • “Don’t panic!”
  • Jumpscare
  • Beat a too-hard obby that everyone dies on
  • Multiple endings??/??/???/

Don’t do these things, and it will be great!

If you want authentic kanji: 黒鬼神

3 Likes

I Don’t play story games that much BUT If I see them as scary or have a scary vibe I will play it for 100% precent.
An Important part is the ending, if it was so exciting that it will make me want to play another game I sure will play all of the series.

2 Likes

That sounds pretty nice! If you really want to stand out, I would put a lot of thought into the boss fight, like shooting a monster that moves around. :smiley:

2 Likes

If you will add a Japanese city vibe it will make your game much more enjoyable and I 100% Guarantee that I will play it :smile:

1 Like

I personally don’t enjoy playing story games such as “Camping,” however, I do recommend checking out games such as @Nullxiety’s Isolator, Nullxiety, and Nullwork. They all have a subtle, yet obviously there, story plot implemented in each one of them. For example, Nullxiety is referred to as “the Experiment” (an experiment to see if you have what it takes to move on to more advanced testing). And in Nullwork you must escape “Null” (whose goal is to experiment on you) and safely exit the “giant underground research facility located in Russia.”

Note: I recommend playing these games for yourself, as I may have described the story plots incorrectly.

2 Likes

The story structure, or plot, that i designed is something like this :

A cutscene , leading to puzzles , to a zombie brawl in city , to a parkour over buildings , to a puzzle and miniboss in library , to a large parkour puzzle to the main temple gate , to a brawl with zombies and then a boss fight , leading to cave collapse , and a betrayal like cutscene leaving a cliffhanger to your death upon rocks.

1 Like

Well, its mostly staged in a cave area, but ill try to add Japanese vibe in buildings :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not good with story games, nor do I associate with them much, but, I was just wondering, will the boss take down the cave? What will be the cause of it? In my opinion that is pretty important to have a cliffhanger ending like that one. Don’t take my advice as well as the others though.

1 Like

The boss will take down the cave. Cuz he was the one who formed it

I would love to have a drowning simulator type game also the mechanics of the game is pretty cool…

1 Like