Strange badge artifacts on transparent pngs

I’m trying to upload some badges that have transparent backgrounds and the website is completely freaking out.

Image 3 here is correct. Image 1 is what happened to a few images and any updates cause the same bug. Image 2 is the same as Image 3 (a different colour) and first put through the https://js.do/rootmars/alpha_bleed_js tool. This creates an even weirder artifact.

Once the bug has happened, all future uploads to that badge cause weird artifacts, and uploading the image again causes it to default back to the white background version (cannot be overwritten).

Overwriting #2 with the same png as #3 causes it to have the white background. Very bizarre.

I tried uploading on Chrome and Safari through the Creator Hub and had the issue on both browsers.

13 Likes

You should provide those said images for whenever a staff will review this post. It may be due to the images themselves.

4 Likes

I’m having the same problem. I made a badge with a transparent background so the badge icon appears as a diamond instead of a circle.

Here’s the picture I made using my image editing software:

Here’s the photoshopped result to what I wanted to achieve:

Here’s the result of the badge displayed on Roblox: Link to Badge Link

It’s strange too because in the past I’ve uploaded badge icons with transparent backgrounds and it seemed to be fine.

2 Likes

Experiencing the same issue here, can’t upload any .png format images without the artifacts nulling the transparency of the image.

Badge icons are now completely broken:
Original images:
bond_icon_pink

3 Likes

I have one question. What does it look like in game? Does it look correct? I’ve had issues with images on the website myself. It seems the problem seems to be specifically with the decal tab.

1 Like

It’s an issue with icon itself, it appears like this in game too
I had to add background for some of my icons in order for it to display properly

What file format are you using? I’ve been using .png with no issues. What program are you using to generate the icons?

It’s been a month and this is STILL happening, have someone found a solution? It’s frustrating and the staff don’t even seem to care given that it’s been a month without any follow up on this.

Some of my badge icons even came out looking all weird like this:
When supposed to be like this:

Having the same issue. It appears uploading the same badge to another game does not trigger any of these bugs. Super weird

I’m also experiencing the SAME issue as others above, can the staff do something about it, please? This is ruining the aesthetic design of my game badges…

This is badge I wanted to upload: (Link to badge)

This is the result of the badge I got (processed by the website):

I shouldn’t be seeing a non-transparent black background.

This is happening to me as well

im experiencing the same bug
this is what im uploading

and this is what im getting
i didnt have this bug when i uploaded another badge a month ago

Please provide a link to an experience where this issue is present on the website or the app. I assume based on the description it doesn’t show correctly on the experience’s page itself.
If the issue is present in-game, please also provide a place file or an experience link where we can see it and investigate.

Thank you!

@Abroxus provided a link earlier in the thread.

Badge Link

Experience Link

1 Like

Thanks for reposting the links!

2 Likes

It seems like all pixels are showing for badge icons regardless of if they are transparent.

1 Like

Been having this same issue. I’m unable to upload any .pngs with transparent backgrounds, as the site just adds an annoying background to it.

This is a good hypothesis.

One thing I noticed is that each image here has an alpha color of 000000 (pitch black) at opacity 0, which is normal. To test if this is due to the alpha channel, try to change the Alpha color on your image to see if this affects it in any way. Try to change it to red for example.

OP had artifacts that I’ve seen previously when messing around with Alphas, don’t remember how I got across them but it was when I was messing around with the alpha stuff.

1 Like

Begging for a fix on Transparent Images! :pray: :pray: :pray: Please get back when this is fixed, really a problem.

(No idea why it added it’s own “Transparent Grid Background”)