Strange bleeding using Tiles

I’ve got this strange “bleed” happening when using a tile. It looks like this;

You can see it at both ends. Left side it’s located near the word “Type”.

That frame consists of 3 images; left, middle tile, right.
Left and right don’t tile/stretch.
The middle image is below them in z-index, and is X scale = 1 (100% width).

The middle image is part of sprite sheet. I’ve triple checked the offets, it’s all correct. The sprite has no white edge, although outside its offset is transparent png. But as I say, it’s outside its offset/rectsize.

Anyone seen this? Know how to fix it?

I’ve been doing a lot of work with UI over the last few weeks and I’ve also noticed these edge issues with images from sprite sheets.

I’m unsure of why it’s happening, but from what I’ve seen it seems like it’s happening when the image is scaled up or down on screen from the size that it was created at. In other words, if the png or jpg is 100 x 100 and it’s being displayed on screen larger or smaller than that then it will start getting artifacting like you’re seeing here, which isn’t present in images that aren’t part of sprite sheets.

Through testing, it also has nothing to do with the color of the transparent pixels in the source image, as bleeding the color of the image out into the transparent pixels does not fix the problem. Interestingly, changing the background color of the image frame does change the color of the artifacting, even with the background transparency set to 1.

Sorry I can’t be of more help. It’s probably best to post a bug report on the issue.

1 Like

So, I stumbled upon a solution. Not sure helpful it is for you.
I changed the ScaleType to Slice, and set the SliceCenter to 1,1,1,1
Everything else remained the same (properties wise), and the result is just what I wanted.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately due to the opaque parts of many of my sprites not taking up the whole of the ImageRect and the fact that I need to dynamically resize the sprites at runtime your solution doesn’t work for me.

I’ll write up a bug report once I have time to properly document everything.