Strange ControllerPartSensor behaviour when ModelStreamingBehavior is set to Improved

When Workspace.ModelStreamingBehavior is set to Improved, ControllerPartSensors occasionally behave “stuck”, not updating as if its UpdateType was set to Manual. Normally this seems to occur roughly 30% of the time, but is pretty much guaranteed when IncomingReplicationLag is increased.

This does not occur with legacy model streaming behaviour, occurs regardless of the character’s ModelStreamingMode, and only seems to happen when a player’s character has been added for the first time. It allows the player to infinitely jump as it is stuck in the Running state.

When LoadCharacter() is called again, the problem seems to fix itself (even when PlayerCharacterDestroyBehavior is set to Enabled or the character was destroyed).

I first found this today, and while I can’t get it to happen in a live game it appears to be ping based (setting IncomingReplicationLag higher makes it far more likely) so I’m not ruling out the possibility of it also occurring there.

Example video:

Repro file:
ctmanager model streaming bug test.rbxl (61.5 KB)

5 Likes

Thanks for the report, getting in touch with the team

1 Like

This should be fixed! Thanks again for the report

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.