Strange email about Roblox Research panel

I recently received an email about the Roblox research panel, and looking online it seems recieving messages like this is common; but I noticed some strange things about the email.
First of all, I have received a message on the Developer Forums about this, but it was many months ago, and the link on that message has now expired.
Secondly, it claims I can get gift cards, etc which seems like a common scam tactic.
Thirdly, the email does not look like an official Roblox admin email at all.
Finally, the branding image at the end if outdated, and uses the old ROBLOX logo and an old background image.

Is this real or a scam, and if it is a scam what can I do?

11 Likes

One of my friends just DM’ed me a picture of the same thing, although I didn’t seem to get it. The same thing happened a few months back where Roblox sent a survey via a dodgy link and had to publicly announce it wasn’t a scam.

If you’re brave, click the button. If you’re really that nervous then it’s probably way safer to wait for official confirmation.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one that’s received this. I’ve just spent around 10 minutes trying to find out some answers. Hopefully there’s an official answer soon.

1 Like

Repost, forgot to censor the name lol (he doesn’t mind anyway)

1 Like

Definitely looks very sketchy… I’ll wait for now.

1 Like

I got the email too. I just find it’s sketchy because the email does not send you to roblox.com or come from a roblox.com email address. Although roblox have used weird links in the past.

The domain was registered on 2023-06-01 according to WHOIS via Amazon Registry. I know roblox use some other AWS services as well.

Hey guys it was confirmed that it’s real!
So this isn’t a scam

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/is-this-email-from-roblox/2546835/21

3 Likes

Yep. The notification is from the system. So it is real. They said you got an email, so go look at that.

i got an email saying that it wasn’t a scam, but I didn’t receive the original email. weird

1 Like

The same thing has happened to me. I got an email stating that I got another email from the address moderator@robloxresearchpanel.com. But, I didn’t get the other email.

2 Likes

same thing I got. It said that I received an email from the moderator@robloxresearchpanel.com, but in the end I haven’t gotten anything from them. I’m assuming they messed something up. I have ended up sending an email to that email regarding about this problem. I’m still waiting for a response. They did mention it would take around 48-72 hours for an actual official response about this issue.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I was looking high and low for the email, but couldn’t find it.

In my case, I received the private message through the forum that I should have that email but I did not receive it.

It is official, you should’ve got a dm by the system aswell in your devforum messages, you get this if you opted in a few months back

It’s official; I have now received a DM on the forums.

1 Like

if only the panel was open to those outside the US… i spent over 30 minutes on my “what got you into gaming” question before being kicked out after question 2. really sad because I’m one of those people who actually like filling out surveys :frowning:

I agree, it should definitely be more open.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.