Strange shadows

Their is strange streaks of shadow in my game. I have tried changing all the settings in lighting and none of them work how would i remove them?

4 Likes

Does it occur on quality levels <10?

No, it doesn’t occur on <10 quality.

I believe there are no solutions to this besides using quality levels <10. Every part material is affected by this. Though, it seems like the shadow streaks do not appear on terrain.

Please provide more information.

Do you have a link to the game that we can check out, and could you post a screenshot of your lighting settings or upload a copy of the place?

1 Like

Check if you have a Humanoid in the workspace. That always causes errors with lighting.

1 Like

This issue is not related to Humanoid. It’s instead related to the shadow effect on quality level 10 settings.

It may be suitable to file a bug report on this issue.

1 Like

No need, it’s a known artifact of ambient occlusion on the highest quality setting, already bug reported.

2 Likes

Go in Roblox Studio. In Explorer theres a option called “Lighting”. Click Lighting and in Properties a list will show up. One of the options in the list is “Global Shadows”, click it to turn it off.

Hope this helped,
Inspirre

This won’t look good, or fix the problem. This will disable a good portion of the lighting system, but the artifacts in question are added after the render, as a screen-space post effect.

1 Like