Strange Transperency issue

Can someone please exlplain this to me…
I’m trying to make a script that makes objects that are already on the player visible once you equip a tool. It works… but… doesn’t work…???

As you can see here. only the eyes and Particle Emitters are visible/enabled. There’s suppose to be a set of wings on my character, but they’re not showing. I get 0 errors in output too.

This is a picture of my character after I switch to client mode while testing my game and they appear. The wings.Transparency = 0 is in the same script as the eyes and particles.

this is my serverScript located inside StarterCharcterScripts:

local tool = script.Parent.Light --tool name
local Light1 = script.Parent.HitCube.Light1 --particle located inside a part inside of the player
local Light2 = script.Parent.HitCube.Light2 --particle located inside a part inside of the player
local LeftWing = script.Parent.LWing --Wing located inside player
local RightWing = script.Parent.RWing --Wing located inside player
local LeftEye = script.Parent.Head.LeftEye --custom eye locted inside player's head
local RightEye = script.Parent.Head.RightEye --custom eye locted inside player's head

tool.Equipped:Connect(function()
	LeftEye.Transparency = 0
	RightEye.Transparency = 0
	LeftWing.Transparency = 0
	RightWing.Transparency = 0
	Light1.Enabled = true
	Light2.Enabled = true
end)

LeftEye.Transparency = 1
	RightEye.Transparency = 1
	LeftWing.Transparency = 1
	RightWing.Transparency = 1
	Light1.Enabled = false
	Light2.Enabled = false
end)

idk why I’m able to see it when I switch to client mode. HELP IS APPRECIATED!!! TY

Try this

local tool = script.Parent.Light --tool name
local Light1 = script.Parent.HitCube.Light1 --particle located inside a part inside of the player
local Light2 = script.Parent.HitCube.Light2 --particle located inside a part inside of the player
local LeftWing = script.Parent.LWing --Wing located inside player
local RightWing = script.Parent.RWing --Wing located inside player
local LeftEye = script.Parent.Head.LeftEye --custom eye locted inside player's head
local RightEye = script.Parent.Head.RightEye --custom eye locted inside player's head
local Equipped = false

if not Equipped then
		Equipped = true
		LeftEye.Transparency = 0
		RightEye.Transparency = 0
		LeftWing.Transparency = 0
		RightWing.Transparency = 0
		Light1.Enabled = true
		Light2.Enabled = true
	else
		Equipped = false
		LeftEye.Transparency = 1
		RightEye.Transparency = 1
		LeftWing.Transparency = 1
		RightWing.Transparency = 1
		Light1.Enabled = false
		Light2.Enabled = false
	end
end)
1 Like

tysm for responding but I figured out that it was because of a script that I had in startercharacterscripts that makes your body visible when in first person. and the reason why that was affecting the wings was because the wings were also jointed, animated, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.