Stream Out Behavior: New Property for Streaming Enabled

Are there any more prequisites other than that to enable this opportunitistic stream out behavior? according to the timeline it should have released yesterday, when can i expect to use this new behavior in my live game?

Opportunistic stream out is dependent on the change discussed here:

which unfortunately had to be delayed. I will update this thread when we have an ETA.

3 Likes

Thank god. My game really suffers from low framerates just because it keeps everything loaded in.

2 Likes

What’s the status for this feature rolling out?

This change should follow soon after the Changes to PartInstance Streaming with Streaming Enabled mentioned previously.

2 Likes

Hello,
Can we expect to see this feature enabled soon? The game me and my team are working on really needs it due to the game having a lot of instances in it at the same time which are using the client memory quickly but also causing frame drops, so this would be very useful.

I hope this functionality will be reactivated quickly because I really need it.

The current plan is to enable stream out behavior next week. There is a related fix that can’t be enabled until next week unfortunately.

16 Likes

That’s great news to hear, I’m currently just using RobloxStudioModManager to finish what I need for this feature. Now will this be enabled just as a beta feature or will it be released into Live Games?

2 Likes

Looking forward to this! Current “Don’t unload until memory is full” is causing a fair bit of players on lower end PC to crash despite on Auto Graphics. Hopefully stream out will be the solution!

4 Likes

Is there anything new regarding this feature?

4 Likes

Any update? My game is in a severe need of a proper StreamingEnabled stream out feature.

6 Likes

This feature is now enabled globally again. As a reminder Workspace.StreamOutBehavior must be set to Opportunistic for the new behavior to be active.

11 Likes

Awsome news, already enabled this feature at our city and the performance improvements are outstanding. Thank you!

Glad to hear, my game will run flawlessly with my new 3070 arriving soon :upside_down_face:

Works great! Performance is through the roof now, which I’m sure my players will enjoy! Thank you!

Is it possible to increase the maximum size of a place? With this feature, it is possible to create a huge open-world map now. However, a map that is about 100-150 MB heavy cannot be published to ROBLOX.

This is amazing news, I have been waiting for this for a while now! The update is a major improvement for low end devices, although the render distance seems to be the same regardless of device specs. It would be nice to have a render distance slider for clients, or at least the means to create one for adjustments by the user during runtime.

2 Likes

Just testing out with our game, this feature works incredibly well.

We had a previous issue with how roblox handles streaming and rendering, causing a lot of lag when looking afar.

now it is completely GONE!, I am able to obtain full 60fps across the whole map at all times. Thank you so much!

You should probably try optimizing more by removing some detail objects and converting some part-made buildings (especially repeated ones) into meshes with LODs.