Streaming and sounds. Global sounds?

I’ve been hearing some sounds from my games extremely loud for some time, most likely as if it’s a global sound. The sounds are placed in parts, so they should only be heard when you are nearby them.

I assume it has something to do with streaming. When I go to some area, and the part is playing a sound and is being loaded by streaming, it plays this sound as if it is global, and not from that part. After this, if the sound is being played again, it acts normally.

Is this a bug with streaming?

I’ve been noticing this too, in random games.

I have also noticed sounds randomly go silent completely after a few minutes playing.

That’s a well known bug, and it annoys pretty much everyone.

What I am mentioning is completely different from what the problem we used to have. The sound completely goes silent even when you move the camera closer to the part it emits from.

[quote] What I am mentioning is completely different from what the problem we used to have. The sound completely goes silent even when you move the camera closer to the part it emits from. [/quote] Yeah, it’s well known.
It’s due to the character walk sounds taking up all of the sound channels because it uses :Pause() instead of :Stop()

[quote] What I am mentioning is completely different from what the problem we used to have. The sound completely goes silent even when you move the camera closer to the part it emits from. [/quote] Yeah, it’s well known.
It’s due to the character walk sounds taking up all of the sound channels because it uses :Pause() instead of :Stop()[/quote]

That explains why my gun sounds in my game quit working.

Well, I guess the best solution for now is to disable stream loading.

We just did an update of the client today, and it looks like this problem has disappeared in the games where I was noticing it. There was a brief sound regression that lasted throughout last week.