Streaming Enabled Issue

I’m planning on using Streaming Enabled on my new map (friends only)

When you go fast or even moderately fast 30 sps the render fps drops to un-playable frame rates when streaming in new chunks.

Here’s some data I collected. This is what the performance looked like when driving about 120 sps.

This is what the render process looked like on the odd frames.

This is what the process looked like the very next frame.

I hope this is just a bug, and gets patched soon. Looks like I have to delay my map release for another time. Roblox engineers in charge of streaming please take a look at this I can send you a repo file if needed.

4 Likes

I don’t know that streaming has ever worked.

Let’s try and fix that. Bump

2 Likes

In general it doesn’t make sense to bump on this forum unless the thread is at least a month old or something. This one is only 4 days old. It can take a while for a feature to be implemented or a bug to be fixed, so even though you don’t get feedback right away doesn’t mean that it hasn’t been noticed.

Ok, but for now I’m going to assume that if an engineer hasn’t replied then they haven’t seen it. Sorry I just really need this fixed before I can release my map I spent a month working on.

1 Like

I can confirm this is an issue - it’s preventing my partner (Simbuilder) and I from releasing our huge update that we’ve been working on for the last month or so.