Streaming is consistently unreliable with certain assemblies

Certain parts are not streamed in with large assemblies. I have attached a 100% consistent repro here, and a test place is available here.

Screenshots from client/server view in Roblox studio

Client

Server

Most notably, the entire cap union is missing. Specifically, the TeamColor, Union and TouchWeldPart instances are not replicated to the client, despite being in range. Changing ModelStreamingMode to Persistent or Atomic does not appear to fix this issue.

When it happens

This issue first started occuring around the same time as this bug:

I had to turn off streaming in Eclipsis after player reports that certain structures were not loading. I was attempting to enable streaming again today until this bug came up.

Likewise, it also appears to fix itself if a couple adjacent welded parts are destroyed.

System Information

This appears to happen to everyone, but in case it is relevant, here is my system info:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
  • AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT
  • 16.0 GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz
3 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database, and will follow up when we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

2 Likes

Hello.

I can confirm that we can reproduce the issue as you’ve described in the examples provided. The team is currently investigating the issue.

2 Likes

Hello again.

I believe we have found the root cause of this issue and have a solution. It will still be a couple of weeks before a fixed version is available. I’ll be back here then to verify that the problem is solved. Thank you for your patience and your report.

3 Likes

@xethlyx Based on our understanding of the problem a potential work around for your game could either involve waiting 1 frame between when you spawn and connect structures in your game, or pre-connect the structures outside of Workspace.

This is only if you need an immediate workaround and can’t wait for our fix, since this is a bug on our end that @SuplexTheTrain has in the pipeline already.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.