Streaming Not Working

I recently switched my large place to streaming. It helps users get in faster for sure. The issue is that some users report not seeing chunks load, however they see others walking on it. I’ve not been able to reproduce this 100% of the time.

1. This does not happen 100% of the time.
  2. Not sure how to reproduce. We COUGH GET NO STREAMING CONTROL WHATSOEVER COUGH
  3. http://www.roblox.com/POKEMON-REBORN-RPG-V0-98-Lag-Fix-place?id=93120019
  4. No, this happens at many places.
  5. N/A
  6. Non graphics related
  7. This has been happening ever since streaming was released.
  8. The server is under a heavy load at times because MEGA places aren’t given the required server power to run properly. So the server may not be able to keep up with streaming requests.

Good work on the feature guys, just a tad buggy.

2 Likes

yeah, streaming is a huge issue for RobloxPoint. It seems like server power is not being scaled appropriately with demand for things like roller coasters which are fast-moving physics objects.

1 Like

I am getting more and more messages each day from users with chunks not loading. That isn’t acceptable for my games.

2 Likes

They should let us load whatever area of the map we want in chunks based on what model it’s in.
See how your maps in Pokemon Reborn are separated? It’d be nice if when you go to another map, the previous map disappears and the map you teleport to is loaded.

1 Like

I disabled streaming because players were complaining about walls being invisible and they thought a hacker was deleting the map.

1 Like

This isn’t the only problem with Streaming it completely messes up personal servers… (Try using the default tools on a personal server with streaming enabled, it’s such a mess)

But yea streaming is useless in a lot of places.

Yep streaming is just useless. I thought it was working okay.

1 Like

Workspace:SetStreamingLoadArea(vector3 size) would be nice.
So that any part within the load area is loaded, anything outside isn’t.